- School & Boards College Admission Govt Jobs Alert & Prep Exams Current Affairs General Knowledge Careers Videos Education News Quiz & Mock Tests Ebooks Results हिन्दी Jagran TV Jagran Play View All Categories
- SRM University
- Current Affairs
- Career Counselling
- Web Stories
5 ऐसी बातें जो होम वर्क के प्रति आपकी सोच बदल देंगी
अधिकतर विद्यार्थी हमेशा सोचते हैं कि होमवर्क करने से उनका केवल समय बर्बाद होता है. इस लेख में विद्यार्थी होमवर्क के फ़ायदों के बारे में जानेंगे, जिनसे उन्हें होमवर्क करने के महत्त्व के बारे में पता चलेगा.
कोई भी विद्यार्थी चाहे वह कक्षा 5वीं में पढ़ता हो, चाहे कक्षा 10वीं में या फिर किसी प्रतियोगिता परीक्षा की तैयारी के लिए किसी कोचिंग संस्थान में, सभी को होमवर्क मिलता है. सभी विद्यार्थी सोचते हैं कि होमवर्क से केवल उनका समय बर्बाद होता है. विद्यार्थी होमवर्क पूरा करने को बोझ समझते हैं. होमवर्क से सम्बन्धित कुछ ऐसे प्रश्न या सोच जो हर विद्यार्थी के दिमाग़ में आते है.
“क्या होमवर्क करना ज़रूरी है?”
“होमवर्क के क्या फायदे होते हैं?”
“होमवर्क के कारण मैं सेल्फ स्टडी नहीं कर पाता”
“ चलो किसी और से होम वर्क करवा लूँगा” और इसी तरह के और बहुत सारे प्रश्न भी हो सकते हैं
आज हम इस लेख में विद्यार्थियों को होमवर्क के फायदे बताने जा रहे हैं,जिन्हें जानकर विद्यार्थियों को होमवर्क के महत्त्व के बारे में पता चल जाएगा और फिर स्टूडेंट्स होमवर्क को गंभीरता से करेंगे.
1. विद्यार्थियों के सीखने की क्षमता का पता लगता है:
कभी-कभी कक्षा में टीचर्स द्वारा किसी टॉपिक को पढ़ाने के बाद विद्यार्थी बोलते हैं कि उन्हें वह टॉपिक अच्छे से समझ आ गया और जब अगले दिन पढ़ाये गये टॉपिक पर आधारित होमवर्क चेक होता है तो टीचर्स आसानी से समझ लेते हैं कि विद्यार्थियों को टॉपिक समझ नहीं आया, जिससे टीचर्स टॉपिक को समझाने के लिए कोई नया तरीका ढूंढ लेते हैं और विद्यार्थी को टॉपिक समझा देते हैं.
शिक्षा की सभी सुविधाओं से लैस, ये हैं 7 मशहूर शहर
2. समय प्रबंधन (Time Management) और Priority स्किल्स बढ़ती है:
विद्यार्थियों के 24 घंटों में से 7-10 घंटें स्कूल और कोचिंग संस्थान में चले जाते हैं. जिससे उनके पास बहुत ही सीमित समय होता है. होमवर्क के दौरान विद्यार्थी चीजों को प्राथमिकता (Priority) देने के स्किल्स के बारे में सीखते हैं. इसके साथ विद्यार्थी काम करने की productivity को बढ़ाने के नए-नए तरीकों के बारे में सीखते हैं जिससे उनकी समय प्रबंधन स्किल्स भी अच्छी हो जाती है.
3. Problem Solving स्किल्स बढ़ती है:
जब विद्यार्थी घर पर होमवर्क करते हैं, तो वो उसको पूरा करने के लिए हर संभव प्रयास करते है फिर चाहे वह इन्टरनेट से सहायता लेना हो या फिर अपने माता-पिता से. इससे विद्यार्थियों की प्रॉब्लम सोल्विंग स्किल्स बढ़ती है और वो अपने जीवन में किसी भी प्रॉब्लम को आसानी से हल कर लेते हैं.
4. कक्षा में विद्यार्थियों की एकाग्रता बढ़ती है:
जब टीचर कक्षा में विद्यार्थियों को कोई टॉपिक पढ़ता है, तब विद्यार्थियों को लगता है कि यह टॉपिक तो बहुत ही आसान होगा, जिसके कारण विद्यार्थी टॉपिक को ध्यान लगाकर नहीं पढ़ते ,किन्तु जब टीचर्स विद्यार्थियों को उसी टॉपिक पर आधारित होमवर्क देते हैं और फिर छात्रों को उस होमवर्क को पूरा करने में दिक्कत आती है तो उनको यह समझ आता है कि कक्षा में टीचर की बात सुनना कितना ज़रूरी है तो इस तरह से छात्रों को अपनी ज़िम्मेदारी का अहसास होता है. विद्यार्थियों को इस चीज़ का भी अंदाज़ा हो जाता है कि टॉपिक को अच्छे से समझाने के लिए नोट्स बनाते समय टीचर्स को कितनी मेहनत करनी पड़ती है . इसलिए हमको (छात्रों को) टीचर की मेहनत और अपने समय को बर्बाद नहीं करना चाहिए,
5. माता-पिता अपने बच्चों की पढ़ाई पर नज़र रख पाते हैं:
जब कोई विद्यार्थी होमवर्क में सहायता लेने के लिए अपने माता-पिता के पास जाता है, तो उनको आसानी से पता चल जाता है कि उनका बच्चा पढ़ाई में कैसा है और उसको पढ़ाई करने में कहाँ ज़्यादा परेशानी का सामना करना पड़ रहा है. जिससे माता-पिता कोचिंग संस्थान या स्कूल में जाकर टीचर से पढ़ाई के लेवल से सम्बंधित बात कर सकते हैं और अपने बच्चों के पढ़ाई करने के तरीके में सुधार करने में सहायता कर सकते हैं.
कभी-कभी न केवल विद्यार्थी बल्कि उनके माता-पिता भी सोचने लगते हैं कि स्कूल और कोचिंग संस्थान के टीचर्स उनके बच्चों को होमवर्क क्यों देते हैं. माता-पिता अपने बच्चों के होमवर्क की सहायता से आसानी से पढ़ाई में उनकी progress का पता लगा सकते हैं और अपने बच्चों के पढ़ाई करने के तरीके में सुधार करने में सहायता कर सकते हैं. इसलिए विद्यार्थियों को होमवर्क को बोझ नहीं समझना चाहिए और स्कूल या कोचिंग संस्थान के टीचर्स द्वारा दिए गये होमवर्क को समय पर पूरा करना चाहिए. होमवर्क देने का जो मकसद था कि छात्र इससे कुछ सीखें और अपने कॉन्सेप्ट को किसी विशेष टॉपिक के लिए मज़बूत करें.
क्या आप भी “पढ़ाई करना क्यों ज़रूरी है?” वाले सवाल को लेकर परेशान हैं, तो ज़रूर पढ़ें यह लेख
- TS TET Result 2023
- SSC CPO Admit Card 2023
- CAPF Result 2023
- Rajasthan BSTC Pre DElEd Result 2023
- NDA Result 2023
Latest Education News
- JSSC Lady Supervisor Recruitment 2023: Online Application Commenced at jssc.nic.in, Check Link just now
- CUET UG Result 2023 Declared : cuet.samarth.ac.in पर जारी हुआ CUET UG का रिजल्ट, लड़कियों ने इस बार भी फहराया परचम just now
- Extract Based Questions for Class 10 English First Flight (Published by CBSE): Check Chapter-Wise MCQs Here just now
- Navigating Carееr Paths in Commеrcе: A Comprеhеnsivе Guidе for Studеnts just now
- Exploring Career Paths in Humanities: A Comprehensive Guide for Students just now
- NIOS Admit Card 2023 Released for Classes 10, 12 at sdmis.nios.ac.in, Get Direct Link Here just now
- CUET 2023 Exam Analysis: Check Question Paper, Difficulty Level, Section Wise Question Weightage by Testprep Expert Falguni Goswami just now
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy Chapter 5 Accounting Ratios, Download PDF 16 mins ago
- Brain Teaser Visual Skill Test: Find the fish in the picture in 5 seconds! 16 mins ago
- CAT 2023 Application Correction Window Closes Tomorrow, Admit Card on Oct 25 22 mins ago
- List of Solar Missions Launched By Other Countries Since 2000 23 mins ago
- Aditya L1: What are the objectives of India's First Solar Mission? 25 mins ago
- BSTC Rajasthan Result 2023: क्या 30 सितंबर तक आएगा राजस्थान बीएसटीसी रिजल्ट, यहां देखें लाइव अपडेट 25 mins ago
- Asian Games 2023 Medal Tally: Country-Wise Medals and Winners List 27 mins ago
- Karnataka Bandh: Schools, Colleges Likely to Remain Closed on Sept 29; Check Updates Here 32 mins ago
- TS TET Result 2023 Out: Download Telangana TET Result at tstet.cgg.gov.in 33 mins ago
- 1 अक्टूबर से बदलने जा रहे हैं ये सरकारी नियम, आम आदमी पर पड़ेगा सीधा असर 35 mins ago
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Accountancy Chapter 4 Analysis of Financial Statements, Download PDF 38 mins ago
- TS TET Result 2023 Released on tstet.cgg.gov, Get Direct Link Here 35 mins ago
- Nagaland Board Exams 2024: NBSE Class 10, 12 Registration Schedule Out; Check Important Dates 39 mins ago
- UK Board 12th Result 2023 - Scrutiny Result Sep 8, 2023
- UK Board Result 2023 - Scrutiny Result Sep 8, 2023
- UK Board 10th Result 2023 - Scrutiny Result Sep 1, 2023
- NIOS Board 10th Result 2023 - Declared Jun 26, 2023
For more results, click here
20 Pros and Cons of Homework
Homework. It’s a word that sends a shudder down the spine of students and parents alike.
It is also a question that has become divisive. Some people feel that homework is an effective way to reinforce the concepts that were learned at school. Others feel like the time that homework demands would be better spent with a meaningful activity that brings the family together.
Is homework important? Is it necessary? Or is the added stress that homework places on students and parents doing more harm than good? Here are some of the key pros and cons to discuss.
List of the Pros of Homework
1. It encourages the discipline of practice. Repeating the same problems over and over can be boring and difficult, but it also reinforces the practice of discipline. To get better at a skill, repetition is often necessary. You get better with each repetition. By having homework completed every night, especially with a difficult subject, the concepts become easier to understand. That gives the student an advantage later on in life when seeking a vocational career.
2. It gets parents involved with a child’s life. Looking at Common Core math can be somewhat bewildering to parents. If you see the math problem 5×3 expressed as an addition problem, 5+5+5 seems like the right answer. The correct answer, however, would be 3+3+3+3+3. By bringing homework to do, students can engage their learning process with their parents so everyone can be involved. Many parents actually want homework sent so they can see what their children are being taught in the classroom.
3. It teaches time management skills. Homework goes beyond completing a task. It forces children (and parents, to some extent) to develop time management skills. Schedules must be organized to ensure that all tasks can be completed during the day. This creates independent thinking and develops problem-solving skills. It encourages research skills. It also puts parents and children into a position where positive decision-making skills must be developed.
4. Homework creates a communication network. Teachers rarely see into the family lives of their students. Parents rarely see the classroom lives of their children. Homework is a bridge that opens lines of communication between the school, the teacher, and the parent. This allows everyone to get to know one another better. It helps teachers understand the needs of their students better.
It allows parents to find out their child’s strengths and weaknesses. Together, an educational plan can be developed that encourages the best possible learning environment.
5. It allows for a comfortable place to study. Classrooms have evolved over the years to be a warmer and welcoming environment, but there is nothing like the comfort that is felt at home or in a safe space. By encouraging studies where a child feels the most comfortable, it is possible to retain additional information that may get lost within the standard classroom environment.
6. It provides more time to complete the learning process. The time allotted for each area of study in school, especially in K-12, is often limited to 1 hour or less per day. That is not always enough time for students to be able to grasp core concepts of that material. By creating specific homework assignments which address these deficiencies, it becomes possible to counter the effects of the time shortages. That can benefit students greatly over time.
7. It reduces screen time. On the average school night, a student in the US might get 3-4 hours of screen time in per day. When that student isn’t in school, that figure doubles to 7-8 hours of screen time. Homework might be unwanted and disliked, but it does encourage better study habits. It discourages time being spent in front of the television or playing games on a mobile device. That, in turn, may discourage distracting habits from forming that can take away from the learning process in the future.
8. It can be treated like any other extracurricular activity. Some families over-extend themselves on extracurricular activities. Students can easily have more than 40 hours per week, from clubs to sports, that fall outside of regular school hours. Homework can be treated as one of these activities, fitting into the schedule where there is extra time. As an added benefit, some homework can even be completed on the way to or from some activities.
List of the Cons of Homework
1. Children benefit from playing. Being in a classroom can be a good thing, but so can being on a playground. With too much homework, a child doesn’t have enough time to play and that can impact their learning and social development. Low levels of play are associated with lower academic achievement levels, lower safety awareness, less character development, and lower overall health.
2. It encourages a sedentary lifestyle. Long homework assignments require long periods of sitting. A sedentary lifestyle has numerous direct associations with premature death as children age into adults. Obesity levels are already at or near record highs in many communities. Homework may reinforce certain skills and encourage knowledge retention, but it may come at a high price.
3. Not every home is a beneficial environment. There are some homes that are highly invested into their children. Parents may be involved in every stage of homework or there may be access to tutors that can explain difficult concepts. In other homes, there may be little or no education investment into the child. Some parents push the responsibility of teaching off on the teacher and provide no homework support at all.
Sometimes parents may wish to be involved and support their child, but there are barriers in place that prevent this from happening. The bottom line is this: no every home life is equal.
4. School is already a full-time job for kids. An elementary school day might start at 9:00am and end at 3:20pm. That’s more than 6 hours of work that kids as young as 5 are putting into their education every day. Add in the extra-curricular activities that schools encourage, such as sports, musicals, and after-school programming and a student can easily reach 8 hours of education in the average day. Then add homework on top of that? It is asking a lot for any child, but especially young children, to complete extra homework.
5. There is no evidence that homework creates improvements. Survey after survey has found that the only thing that homework does is create a negative attitude toward schooling and education in general. Homework is not associated with a higher level of academic achievement on a national scale. It may help some students who struggle with certain subjects, if they have access to a knowledgeable tutor or parent, but on a community level, there is no evidence that shows improvements are gained.
6. It discourages creative endeavors. If a student is spending 1 hour each day on homework, that’s an hour they are not spending pursuing something that is important to them. Students might like to play video games or watch TV, but homework takes time away from learning an instrument, painting, or developing photography skills as well. Although some homework can involve creative skills, that usually isn’t the case.
7. Homework is difficult to enforce. Some students just don’t care about homework. They can achieve adequate grades without doing it, so they choose not to do it. There is no level of motivation that a parent or teacher can create that inspires some students to get involved with homework. There is no denying the fact that homework requires a certain amount of effort. Sometimes a child just doesn’t want to put in that effort.
8. Extra time in school does not equate to better grades. Students in the US spend more than 100 hours of extra time in school already compared to high-performing countries around the world, but that has not closed the educational gap between those countries and the United States. In some educational areas, the US is even falling in global rankings despite the extra time that students are spending in school. When it comes to homework or any other form of learning, quality is much more important than quantity.
9. Accurate practice may not be possible. If homework is assigned, there is a reliance on the student, their parents, or their guardians to locate resources that can help them understand the content. Homework is often about practice, but if the core concepts of that information are not understood or inaccurately understood, then the results are the opposite of what is intended. If inaccurate practice is performed, it becomes necessary for the teacher to first correct the issue and then reteach it, which prolongs the learning process.
10. It may encourage cheating on multiple levels. Some students may decide that cheating in the classroom to avoid taking homework home is a compromise they’re willing to make. With internet resources, finding the answers to homework instead of figuring out the answers on one’s own is a constant temptation as well. For families with multiple children, they may decide to copy off one another to minimize the time investment.
11. Too much homework is often assigned to students. There is a general agreement that students should be assigned no more than 10 minutes of homework per day, per grade level. That means a first grader should not be assigned more than 10 minutes of homework per night. Yet for the average first grader in US public schools, they come home with 20 minutes of homework and then are asked to complete 20 minutes of reading on top of that. That means some students are completing 4x more homework than recommended every night.
At the same time, the amount of time children spent playing outdoors has decreased by 40% over the past 30 years.
For high school students, it is even worse at high performing schools in the US where 90% of graduates go onto college, the average amount of homework assigned per night was 3 hours per student.
12. Homework is often geared toward benchmarks. Homework is often assigned to improve test scores. Although this can provide positive outcomes, including better study skills or habits, the fact is that when children are tired, they do not absorb much information. When children have more homework than recommended, test scores actually go down. Stress levels go up. Burnout on the curriculum occurs.
The results for many students, according to research from Ruben Fernandez-Alonso in the Journal of Educational Psychology, is a decrease in grades instead of an increase.
The pros and cons of homework are admittedly all over the map. Many parents and teachers follow their personal perspectives and create learning environments around them. When parents and teachers clash on homework, the student is often left in the middle of that tug of war. By discussing these key points, each side can work to find some common ground so our children can benefit for a clear, precise message.
Quantity may be important, but quality must be the priority for homework if a student is going to be successful.
English Hindi Dictionary | अंग्रेज़ी हिन्दी शब्दकोश
The keyboard uses the ISCII layout developed by the Government of India. It is also used in Windows, Apple and other systems. There is a base layout, and an alternative layout when the Shift key is pressed. If you have any questions about it, please contact us.
- Word Network
- More Matches
- Word Finder
homework - Meaning in Hindi
- होमवर्क (masc)
homework Word Forms & Inflections
Definitions and meaning of homework in english, homework noun.
स्कूल के बाहर किए गए प्रारंभिक स्कूल कार्य ( घर पर )
- prep , preparation
Synonyms of homework
Homework is a set of tasks assigned to students by their teachers to be completed outside the classroom. Common homework assignments may include required reading, a writing or typing project, mathematical exercises to be completed, information to be reviewed before a test, or other skills to be practiced.
More matches for homework
What is another word for homework ?
Sentences with the word homework
Words that rhyme with homework
English Hindi Translator
Words starting with
What is homework meaning in hindi.
The word or phrase homework refers to preparatory school work done outside school (especially at home). See homework meaning in Hindi , homework definition, translation and meaning of homework in Hindi. Find homework similar words, homework synonyms. Learn and practice the pronunciation of homework. Find the answer of what is the meaning of homework in Hindi. देखें homework का हिन्दी मतलब, homework का मीनिंग, homework का हिन्दी अर्थ, homework का हिन्दी अनुवाद।
Tags for the entry "homework"
What is homework meaning in Hindi, homework translation in Hindi, homework definition, pronunciations and examples of homework in Hindi. homework का हिन्दी मीनिंग, homework का हिन्दी अर्थ, homework का हिन्दी अनुवाद
Ad-free experience & much more
Ten most beautiful words in English
Active Voice and Passive Voice
Our Apps are nice too!
Dictionary. Translation. Vocabulary. Games. Quotes. Forums. Lists. And more...
Vocabulary & Quizzes
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
We provide a facility to save words in lists.
Basic Word Lists
Custom word lists.
You can create your own lists to words based on topics.
To manage lists, a member account is necessary.
Try SHABDKOSH Premium and get
- Ad free experience.
- No limit on translation.
- Bilingual synonyms translations.
- Access to all Vocabulary Lists and Quizzes.
- Copy meanings.
Already a Premium user?
Share with friends
If you want to access full services of shabdkosh.com
Please help Us by disabling your ad blocker Extensions.
Hear the words in multiple accents and then enter the spelling. The games gets challenging as you succeed and gets easier if you find the words not so easy.
The game will show the clue or a hint to describe the word which you have to guess. It’s our way of making the classic hangman game!
Choose the right opposite word from a choice of four possible words. We have thousand of antonym words to play!
View this site in -
Language resources, get our apps, keep in touch.
- © 2023 SHABDKOSH.COM, All Rights Reserved.
Online Essay Writing Service to Reach Academic Success.
Are you looking for the best essay writing service to help you with meeting your academic goals? You are lucky because your search has ended. is a place where all students get exactly what they need: customized academic papers written by experts with vast knowledge in all fields of study. All of our writers are dedicated to their job and do their best to produce all types of academic papers of superior quality. We have experts even in very specific fields of study, so you will definitely find a writer who can manage your order.
Allene W. Leflore
Advanced essay writer
Team of essay writers.
Jam Operasional (09.00-17.00)
+62 813-1717-0136 (Corporate) +62 812-4458-4482 (Recruitment)
- Our Listings
- Our Rentals
- Tenant Portal
The writers of PenMyPaper establish the importance of reflective writing by explaining its pros and cons precisely to the readers. They tend to ‘do my essay’ by adding value to both you (enhancing your knowledge) and your paper.
School Life Balance , Tips for Online Students
The Pros and Cons of Homework
Homework is a word that most students dread hearing. After hours upon hours of sitting in class , the last thing we want is more schoolwork over our precious weekends. While it’s known to be a staple of traditional schooling, homework has also become a rather divise topic. Some feel as though homework is a necessary part of school, while others believe that the time could be better invested. Should students have homework? Have a closer look into the arguments on both sides to decide for yourself.
Photo by energepic.com from Pexels
Why should students have homework, 1. homework encourages practice.
Many people believe that one of the positive effects of homework is that it encourages the discipline of practice. While it may be time consuming and boring compared to other activities, repetition is needed to get better at skills. Homework helps make concepts more clear, and gives students more opportunities when starting their career .
2. Homework Gets Parents Involved
Homework can be something that gets parents involved in their children’s lives if the environment is a healthy one. A parent helping their child with homework makes them take part in their academic success, and allows for the parent to keep up with what the child is doing in school. It can also be a chance to connect together.
3. Homework Teaches Time Management
Homework is much more than just completing the assigned tasks. Homework can develop time management skills , forcing students to plan their time and make sure that all of their homework assignments are done on time. By learning to manage their time, students also practice their problem-solving skills and independent thinking. One of the positive effects of homework is that it forces decision making and compromises to be made.
4. Homework Opens A Bridge Of Communication
Homework creates a connection between the student, the teacher, the school, and the parents. It allows everyone to get to know each other better, and parents can see where their children are struggling. In the same sense, parents can also see where their children are excelling. Homework in turn can allow for a better, more targeted educational plan for the student.
5. Homework Allows For More Learning Time
Homework allows for more time to complete the learning process. School hours are not always enough time for students to really understand core concepts, and homework can counter the effects of time shortages, benefiting students in the long run, even if they can’t see it in the moment.
6. Homework Reduces Screen Time
Many students in North America spend far too many hours watching TV. If they weren’t in school, these numbers would likely increase even more. Although homework is usually undesired, it encourages better study habits and discourages spending time in front of the TV. Homework can be seen as another extracurricular activity, and many families already invest a lot of time and money in different clubs and lessons to fill up their children’s extra time. Just like extracurricular activities, homework can be fit into one’s schedule.
The Other Side: Why Homework Is Bad
1. homework encourages a sedentary lifestyle.
Should students have homework? Well, that depends on where you stand. There are arguments both for the advantages and the disadvantages of homework.
While classroom time is important, playground time is just as important. If children are given too much homework, they won’t have enough playtime, which can impact their social development and learning. Studies have found that those who get more play get better grades in school , as it can help them pay closer attention in the classroom.
Children are already sitting long hours in the classroom, and homework assignments only add to these hours. Sedentary lifestyles can be dangerous and can cause health problems such as obesity. Homework takes away from time that could be spent investing in physical activity.
2. Homework Isn’t Healthy In Every Home
While many people that think homes are a beneficial environment for children to learn, not all homes provide a healthy environment, and there may be very little investment from parents. Some parents do not provide any kind of support or homework help, and even if they would like to, due to personal barriers, they sometimes cannot. Homework can create friction between children and their parents, which is one of the reasons why homework is bad .
3. Homework Adds To An Already Full-Time Job
School is already a full-time job for students, as they generally spend over 6 hours each day in class. Students also often have extracurricular activities such as sports, music, or art that are just as important as their traditional courses. Adding on extra hours to all of these demands is a lot for children to manage, and prevents students from having extra time to themselves for a variety of creative endeavors. Homework prevents self discovery and having the time to learn new skills outside of the school system. This is one of the main disadvantages of homework.
4. Homework Has Not Been Proven To Provide Results
Endless surveys have found that homework creates a negative attitude towards school, and homework has not been found to be linked to a higher level of academic success.
The positive effects of homework have not been backed up enough. While homework may help some students improve in specific subjects, if they have outside help there is no real proof that homework makes for improvements.
It can be a challenge to really enforce the completion of homework, and students can still get decent grades without doing their homework. Extra school time does not necessarily mean better grades — quality must always come before quantity.
Accurate practice when it comes to homework simply isn’t reliable. Homework could even cause opposite effects if misunderstood, especially since the reliance is placed on the student and their parents — one of the major reasons as to why homework is bad. Many students would rather cheat in class to avoid doing their homework at home, and children often just copy off of each other or from what they read on the internet.
5. Homework Assignments Are Overdone
The general agreement is that students should not be given more than 10 minutes a day per grade level. What this means is that a first grader should be given a maximum of 10 minutes of homework, while a second grader receives 20 minutes, etc. Many students are given a lot more homework than the recommended amount, however.
On average, college students spend as much as 3 hours per night on homework . By giving too much homework, it can increase stress levels and lead to burn out. This in turn provides an opposite effect when it comes to academic success.
The pros and cons of homework are both valid, and it seems as though the question of ‘‘should students have homework?’ is not a simple, straightforward one. Parents and teachers often are found to be clashing heads, while the student is left in the middle without much say.
It’s important to understand all the advantages and disadvantages of homework, taking both perspectives into conversation to find a common ground. At the end of the day, everyone’s goal is the success of the student.
Get Started Today!
- Centre Details
- Ask A Question
- Change Location
- Programs & More
The Pros and Cons of Homework
The dreaded word for students across the country—homework.
Homework has long been a source of debate, with parents, educators, and education specialists debating the advantages of at-home study. There are many pros and cons of homework. We’ve examined a few significant points to provide you with a summary of the benefits and disadvantages of homework.
Check Out The Pros and Cons of Homework
Pro 1: Homework Helps to Improve Student Achievement
Homework teaches students various beneficial skills that they will carry with them throughout their academic and professional life, from time management and organization to self-motivation and autonomous learning.
Homework helps students of all ages build critical study abilities that help them throughout their academic careers. Learning at home also encourages the development of good research habits while encouraging students to take ownership of their tasks.
If you’re finding that homework is becoming an issue at home, check out this article to learn how to tackle them before they get out of hand.
Con 1: Too Much Homework Can Negatively Affect Students
You’ll often hear from students that they’re stressed out by schoolwork. Stress becomes even more apparent as students get into higher grade levels.
A study conducted on high school student’s experiences found that high-achieving students found that too much homework leads to sleep deprivation and other health problems such as:
- Weight loss
- Stomach problems
More than half of students say that homework is their primary source of stress, and we know what stress can do on our bodies.
It’s been shown that excessive homework can lead to cheating. With too much homework, students end up copying off one another in an attempt to finish all their assignments.
Pro 2: Homework Helps to Reinforce Classroom Learning
Homework is most effective when it allows students to revise what they learn in class. Did you know that students typically retain only 50% of the information teachers provide in class?
Students need to apply that information to learn it.
Homework also helps students develop key skills that they’ll use throughout their lives:
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Independent problem-solving
The skills learned in homework can then be applied to other subjects and practical situations in students’ daily lives.
Con 2: Takes Away From Students Leisure Time
Children need free time. This free time allows children to relax and explore the world that they are living in. This free time also gives them valuable skills they wouldn’t learn in a classroom, such as riding a bike, reading a book, or socializing with friends and family.
Having leisure time teaches kids valuable skills that cannot be acquired when doing their homework at a computer.
Plus, students need to get enough exercise. Getting exercise can improve cognitive function, which might be hindered by sedentary activities such as homework.
Pro 3: Homework Gets Parents Involved with Children’s Learning
Homework helps parents track what their children are learning in school.
Also allows parents to see what their children’s academic strengths and weaknesses are. Homework can alert parents to any learning difficulties that their children might have, enabling them to provide assistance and modify their child’s learning approach as necessary.
Parents who help their children with homework will lead to higher academic performance, better social skills and behaviour, and greater self-confidence in their children.
Con 3: Homework Is Not Always Effective
Numerous researchers have attempted to evaluate the importance of homework and how it enhances academic performance. According to a study , homework in primary schools has a minimal effect since students pursue unrelated assignments instead of solidifying what they have already learned.
Mental health experts agree heavy homework loads have the capacity to do more harm than good for students. But they also say the answer may not be to eliminate homework altogether. So, unfortunately for students, homework is here to stay.
You can learn more about the pro and cons of homework here.
Need Help with Completing Homework Effectively?
There are many pros and cons of homework, so let our tutors at Oxford Learning can help your family create great homework habits to ensure students are successful at homework.
Contact a location near you to get started today!
Ungrading: What is it?
What your child can gain from a french immersion program, related homework resources.
Canadian Attitudes Toward Homework
Homework Help: Everything You Need to Know
Attention & Focus, Homework
7 ways to help slow-working students.
Should Students be Allowed to Redo Their Work?
Find an oxford learning ® location near you, we have over 100 centres across canada.
Get Professional Writing Services Today!
Get a free quote from our professional essay writing service and an idea of how much the paper will cost before it even begins. If the price is satisfactory, accept the bid and watch your concerns slowly fade away! Our team will make sure that staying up until 4 am becomes a thing of the past. The essay service is known for providing some of the best writing, editing, and proofreading available online. What are you waiting for? Join our global educational community today!
We are quite confident to write and maintain the originality of our work as it is being checked thoroughly for plagiarism. Thus, no copy-pasting is entertained by the writers and they can easily 'write an essay for me’.
Please fill the form correctly
Our team of writers is native English speakers from countries such as the US with higher education degrees and go through precise testing and trial period. When working with EssayService you can be sure that our professional writers will adhere to your requirements and overcome your expectations. Pay your hard-earned money only for educational writers.
Need an essay writer for me? Connect now!
Feeling tired to write drafts on your own or you do not have ample ideas to write with? Be it anything, our writers are here to assist you with the best essay writing service. With our service, you will save a lot of time and get recognition for the academic assignments you are given to write. This will give you ample time to relax as well. Let our experts write for you. With their years of experience in this domain and the knowledge from higher levels of education, the experts can do brilliant essay writing even with strict deadlines. They will get you remarkable remarks on the standard of the academic draft that you will write with us.
The shortest time frame in which our writers can complete your order is 6 hours. Length and the complexity of your "write my essay" order are determining factors. If you have a lengthy task, place your order in advance + you get a discount!
We are quite confident to write and maintain the originality of our work as it is being checked thoroughly for plagiarism. Thus, no copy-pasting is entertained by the writers and they can easily 'write an essay for me’.
260 King Street, San Francisco
Updated Courtyard facing Unit at the Beacon! This newly remodeled…
offers a great selection of professional essay writing services. Take advantage of original, plagiarism-free essay writing. Also, separate editing and proofreading services are available, designed for those students who did an essay and seek professional help with polishing it to perfection. In addition, a number of additional essay writing services are available to boost your customer experience to the maximum!
Add more quality to your essay or be able to obtain a new paper within a day by requesting a top or premium writer to work on your order. The option will increase the price of your order but the final result will be totally worth it.
Top order status
Every day, we receive dozens of orders. To process every order, we need time. If you’re in a great hurry or seek premium service, then choose this additional service. As a result, we’ll process your order and assign a great writer as soon as it’s placed. Maximize your time by giving your order a top status!
Have you already started to write my essay? When it will be finished? If you have occasional questions like that, then opt-in for SMS order status updates to be informed regarding every stage of the writing process. If you’re pressed for time, then we recommend adding this extra to your order.
Is my essay original? How do I know it’s Turnitin-ready? Very simple – order us to attach a detailed plagiarism report when work is done so you could rest assured the paper is authentic and can be uploaded to Turnitin without hesitating.
World’s peace isn’t riding on essay writing. If you don’t have any intent on reading the entire 2000-word essay that we did for you, add a 1-page summary to your order, which will be a short overview of your essay one paragraph long, just to be in the loop.
- Article Sample
- Terms & Conditions
How Our Paper Writing Service Is Used
We stand for academic honesty and obey all institutional laws. Therefore EssayService strongly advises its clients to use the provided work as a study aid, as a source of ideas and information, or for citations. Work provided by us is NOT supposed to be submitted OR forwarded as a final work. It is meant to be used for research purposes, drafts, or as extra study materials.
Katharine Broton discusses her research on food insecurity.
Elevate Your Experience
- Lander at University Center of Greenville
- Study Abroad
- EYE Program
College of Education
College of education news.
- Health & Safety
- Housing & Dining
- Student Health & Wellbeing
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Career Services
- Cedar Falls & Waterloo
Is essay writing service legal?
When you contact the company Essayswriting, the support service immediately explains the terms of cooperation to you. You can control the work of writers at all levels, so you don't have to worry about the result. To be sure of the correctness of the choice, the site contains reviews from those people who have already used the services.
Margurite J. Perez
Our writers always follow the customers' requirements very carefully
Why is the best essay writing service?
On the Internet, you can find a lot of services that offer customers to write huge articles in the shortest possible time at a low price. It's up to you to agree or not, but we recommend that you do not rush to make a choice. Many of these sites will take your money and disappear without getting the job done. Some low-skilled writers will still send you an essay file, but the text will not meet the required parameters.
is the best essay writing service because we provide guarantees at all stages of cooperation. Our polite managers will answer all your questions and help you determine the details. We will sign a contract with you so that you can be sure of our good faith.
The team employs only professionals with higher education. They will write you a high-quality essay that will pass all anti-plagiarism checks, since we do not steal other people's thoughts and ideas, but create new ones.
You can always contact us and make corrections, and we will be happy to help you.
320 Stanley Ave, Greenwood, SC 29649
1-888-4lander | 864-388-8000.
1227 W 27th St Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614 319.273.2311
- Bearcat Web
Looking for something more advanced and urgent? Then opt-in for an advanced essay writer who’ll bring in more depth to your research and be able to fulfill the task within a limited period of time. In college, there are always assignments that are a bit more complicated and time-taking, even when it’s a common essay. Also, in search for an above-average essay writing quality, more means better, whereas content brought by a native English speaker is always a smarter choice. So, if your budget affords, go for one of the top 30 writers on our platform. The writing quality and finesse won’t disappoint you!
Premium essay writers
Essay writing help from a premium expert is something everyone has to try! It won’t be cheap but money isn’t the reason why students in the U.S. seek the services of premium writers. The main reason is that the writing quality premium writers produce is figuratively out of this world. An admission essay, for example, from a premium writer will definitely get you into any college despite the toughness of the competition. Coursework, for example, written by premium essay writers will help you secure a positive course grade and foster your GPA.
How It Works
Tinggalkan Balasan Batalkan balasan
Alamat email Anda tidak akan dipublikasikan. Ruas yang wajib ditandai *
Essays service custom writing company - The key to success
Quality is the most important aspect in our work! 96% Return clients; 4,8 out of 5 average quality score; strong quality assurance - double order checking and plagiarism checking.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Homework | Pros and Cons of Homework, Is Homework really a Burden?
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Homework: Homework or home assignment is a set of tasks assigned by the teacher to the students to be completed at home or outside the classroom. The basic idea of the invention of homework was to retain the topics studied in the class by the students. Homework nurtures many abilities of the students like their time management skills and also their ability to complete the given task in a given time frame. Homework also helps the parents to keep updated about what is happening in the class.
Students can also find more Advantages and Disadvantages articles on events, persons, sports, technology, and many more.
Homework is a way to teach the students to learn to work independently. Homework was introduced as a punishment for the students who didn’t complete their work on time or who were disobedient to the teacher but later on it became practice as there were many positive changes being seen in the students. Nowadays, it is frequently used practice all over the world.
What is Homework? Advantages and Disadvantages of Homework
Homework is an assignment or a set of assignments assigned by the teacher to the students which are to be done or completed outside the school premises or classroom. The purpose of homework when it was introduced was to be use it as a punishment for the lazy or disobedient students but now it has taken a different meaning.Now, it is assigned to the students to improve or enhance their knowledge about a particular topic or subject.Homework or home assignments aim to benefit the children as they acquire a more comprehensive knowledge about the subject.Homework also helps to build a healthy relation and communication between the child and the parents as they have a common topic to discuss and share their views. It also keeps the parent updated about the learnings his/her child is getting at the school.
Advantages of Homework
Disadvantages of homework, comparison table for advantages and disadvantages of homework, faq’s on advantages and disadvantages of homework.
- Homework helps a student to maintain the discipline of practice as we all know that Practice makes a man perfect. Doing a topic repeatedly increases the understanding of the topic and thus he gets to understand the importance of practice.
- It also makes the child more aware of his time management skills. Homework is to be completed within a set deadline, so it pushes the child to finish the given work within the deadline and increase his time management skills.
- Homework act as a communication link between the child, the teacher and the parents. It makes a teacher and parent understand how the child prefers to learn and what are his learning abilities.Also, parents get to know about what their child is learning at school.
- Some children are hesitant by nature, so they are not comfortable to learn or express their views in a classroom. Homework acts as a boon for such students as they can work and think independently in the comfort of their home thus accelerating their knowledge.
- For effectively completing the homework, a child need to have a comprehensive knowledge about the topic which pushes him to take help from the libraries or the internet. This increases their understanding about the usage of such tools.
- Being regular at doing homework, helps the children to discover the habit of revising a topic. It makes them understand that it is necessary to revise as it saves their time during exams.
- Every child is not the same so is their learning and grasping power. It is not necessary that the child has completely understood the topic at school.homework helps such children to revise and comprehend the topic at home where they can have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the same.
- We all have a variety of subjects at school so it is not possible for the child to complete the homework of all the subjects as it will lead to a mental pressure on the child and he will not be able to focus on anything.
- It affects physical and mental health of a child as it is very difficult to spend so many hours on studies and if forced makes him unmotivated and frustrated.
- Homework is an essential part of being a good learner but excessive of it can have an adverse effect on the child like not being socially and emotionally active.
- It also hampers the time a child gets for the extracurricular activities because the time he gets will be spent on completing the homework.
- The child gets to spend a very less time with his family and friends thus hampering his emotional development which is very crucial for his future and physical growth. They also feel isolated and dejected.
- Doing the work at home, makes the parents get involved in the child’s work which can make him dependent on the parents everytime he is doing the work. This will result in slipping of grades and knowledge as well.
- Too much of homework also results in less active or practical learning and more of book learning. What a person can learn practically stays with him for the lifetime so it is necessary to have an active knowledge about the same.
- It is a major reason of stress and anxiety in the children’s lives. When a child is not able to finish homework on time he suffers from anxiety and stress due to the fear of punishment from the teacher.
Question 1. Why is homework important for the students?
Answer: Homework is important for the progress of the students as they get to revise the topic which they have learned at the school thus enhancing their knowledge and it also bulbs a healthy habit of self- study.
Question 2. Is homework good for your brain?