Illium Side Quests
There are a few different quests to complete on Illium, but you'll be visiting there enough to complete them all.
- The Assassin: Salarian Family Data
- Blue Rose of Illium
- Indentured Service
- The Justicar: Smuggling Evidence
- The Justicar: Stolen Goods Found
- Liara: System Hacking
- Liara: The Observer
- Medical Scans
- The Prodigal: Lost Locket Found
- Gianna Parasini
Up Next: Illium - The Assassin: Salarian Family Data
Top guide sections.
- Legendary Edition Changes
- Tips and Tricks
- How-To Guides
Was this guide helpful?
In this guide.
- Edit source
- View history
- 1.1.1 Shepard's Background
- 1.1.2 Squad Member Assignments
- 1.2.1 General
- 1.2.2 Second Visit
- 1.2.3 Detainee Visit
- 1.3.1 Feros
- 1.3.2 Noveria
- 1.3.3 Virmire
- 1.4.1 Galaxy Collection Assignments
- 1.4.2 Uncharted Space Assignments
- 1.4.3 Morality-dependent Assignments
- 1.5.1 Bring Down the Sky
- 1.5.2 Pinnacle Station
- 2.1 Normandy
- 2.3 Citadel
- 2.6 Tuchanka
- 2.7.1 Project Firewalker
- 2.7.2 Project Overlord
- 2.7.3 Arrival
Assignments are the side missions of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 . These have little to no bearing to the overarching narrative, but completing them may further understanding of the series' underlying workings.
There is a large variety of assignments to complete; this page is a list of them. Click on a specific assignment in the list to read its detailed walkthrough. For a list of missions broken up by cluster and system, see the Mass Effect System Guide .
Some assignments are listed more than once; this is intentional and is intended to make them simpler to find by listing them in all relevant contexts as they appear in the Journal .
For an alphabetical list of assignments, see Category:Assignments ; for locations, see Category:Assignment Locations .
Mass Effect [ ]
Please Note: The assignment names as given here are intended to match those in the game; sometimes the game itself is inconsistent, in which case all of the variations are listed here ( e.g. Asari Diplomacy , Missing Person ).
Character-Specific Assignments [ ]
Shepard's background [ ].
These assignments relate to Shepard's pre-service history.
- Citadel: Old, Unhappy, Far-Off Things (only available if Shepard has the Spacer background)
- Citadel: Old Friends (only available if Shepard has the Earthborn background)
- Citadel: I Remember Me (only available if Shepard has the Colonist background)
Squad Member Assignments [ ]
These assignments relate to the histories of your fellow crewmates.
- Garrus: Find Dr. Saleon → Garrus: Dr. Saleon is Dead
- Tali and the Geth → Tali's pilgrimage
- Wrex: Family Armor
Citadel Assignments [ ]
General [ ].
These assignments are available during your first and all future visits to the Citadel.
- Citadel: Asari Consort
- Citadel: Doctor Michel → Citadel: Doctor Michel is Safe
- Citadel: Homecoming
- Citadel: Jahleed's Fears → Citadel: Jahleed's Secret → Citadel: Jahleed and Chorban | Citadel: Jahleed Returns Materials | Citadel: Jahleed Arrested | Citadel: Jahleed Set Free
- Citadel: Presidium Prophet
- Citadel: Reporter's Request
- Citadel: Rita's Sister → Citadel: Rita's Sister and Chellick → Citadel: Rita's Sister is Safe
- Citadel: Scan the Keepers
- Citadel: Schells the Gambler → Citadel: Schells' Scanner Given Away | Citadel: Schells has his Data
- Citadel: Signal Tracking
- Citadel: The Fan
- Citadel: Xeltan's Complaint → Citadel: Xeltan Convinced
- Missing Person → UNC: Privateers
Second Visit [ ]
These assignments are available after completing one of the major missions (Noveria, Feros or rescuing Liara).
- Citadel: Family Matter
- Citadel: Planting a Bug
- Citadel: Snap Inspection
- Citadel: The Fourth Estate
Detainee Visit [ ]
These assignments are only available during your detention at the Citadel.
- Citadel: Our Own Worst Enemy
- Citadel: Negotiator's Request
Charted Planet Assignments [ ]
These assignments are specific to their relative planet.
- Feros: Data Recovery
- Feros: Geth in the Tunnels
- Feros: Power Cells
- Feros: Varren Meat
- Feros: Water Restoration
Noveria [ ]
- Noveria: Espionage
- Noveria: Smuggling
Virmire [ ]
- Virmire: Assisting Kirrahe's Team → Virmire: Kirrahe's team | Virmire: Captain Kirrahe is Dead
- Virmire: Wrex and the Genophage → Virmire: Wrex is Convinced
Galaxy-Wide Assignments [ ]
These assignments span the entirety of Citadel-controlled space. Assignments prefixed with the UNC indicator represent assignments that take place on uncharted planets.
Galaxy Collection Assignments [ ]
These assignments involve traveling across Citadel space and finding numerous hidden collectibles.
- UNC: Prothean Data Discs → UNC: Collection Complete
- UNC: Turian Insignias → UNC: Collection Complete
- UNC: Valuable Minerals → UNC: Survey is Complete
- UNC: Locate Signs of Battle → UNC: Entire Collection is Found
- UNC: Asari Writings → UNC: Collection Complete
Uncharted Space Assignments [ ]
Morality-dependent assignments [ ].
- UNC: Besieged Base
- UNC: The Negotiation
Downloadable Content [ ]
Bring down the sky [ ].
- X57: Bring Down the Sky
- X57: Avoid the Blasting Caps
- X57: Missing Engineers
Pinnacle Station [ ]
- Pinnacle Station: Combat Missions
- Pinnacle Station: Convoy
- Pinnacle Station: Vidinos
Note: Pinnacle Station content is not available in Legendary Edition.
Mass Effect 2 [ ]
Note: The assignment names as listed here are intended to match those in the game; sometimes the game itself is inconsistent, in which case all of the variations are listed here ( e.g. Citadel: Found Forged ID , Citadel: False Positives ).
Normandy [ ]
- Normandy: FBA Couplings
- Normandy: Serrice Ice Brandy
- Normandy: Special Ingredients
- Omega: Archangel: Datapad Recovered
- Omega: Batarian Bartender
- Omega: Packages for Ish
- Omega: Struggling Quarian
- Omega: The Patriarch
- Omega: The Professor: Missing Assistant
Citadel [ ]
- Citadel: Crime in Progress
- Citadel: False Positives
- Citadel: Found Forged ID → Citadel: False Positives
- Citadel: Krogan Sushi
- Illium: A Troublemaker → Illium: Conrad Verner
- Illium: Blue Rose of Illium
- Illium: Conrad Verner
- Illium: Gianna Parasini
- Illium: Indentured Service
- Illium: Medical Scans
- Illium: The Assassin: Salarian Family Data
- Illium: The Justicar: Smuggling Evidence
- Illium: The Justicar: Stolen Goods Found
- Illium: The Prodigal: Lost Locket Found
Tuchanka [ ]
- Tuchanka: Combustion Manifold
- Tuchanka: Killing Pyjaks
- Tuchanka: Old Blood: Missing Scout
Downloadable content [ ]
- Normandy Crash Site
Project Firewalker [ ]
- Project Firewalker: Geth Activity (Labelled Project Firewalker: Geth Incursion on the Galaxy Map )
- Project Firewalker: Prothean Site (Labelled Project Firewalker: Prothean Ruin on the Galaxy Map )
- Project Firewalker: Rosalie Lost
- Project Firewalker: Survey Sites Located (Labelled Project Firewalker: Artifact Collection on the Galaxy Map )
- Project Firewalker: Volcano Station (Labelled Project Firewalker: Recover Research Data on the Galaxy Map )
Project Overlord [ ]
- Overlord (Labelled Investigate Project Overlord on the Galaxy Map )
- Overlord: Atlas Station
- Overlord: Prometheus Station
- Overlord: Vulcan Station
Arrival [ ]
- Arrival (Labelled Rescue Dr. Kenson on the Galaxy Map )
- 2 Romance (Mass Effect: Andromeda)
Mass Effect 2 Assignments - every side quest & how to trigger them
Mass Effect 2 is a far more streamlined game than its predecessor, but it still has aspirations of being a traditional, full-fat RPG - and that means there’s a bunch of side quests and optional missions which take the form of Assignments , just as they did in the previous game.
In ME2, assignments are generally a lot more simple and fall into two basic categories. First, there are missions that involve talking - to resolve a situation, to buy an item, etcetera. Second, there are missions where you’ll find an item during a story mission (such as a recruitment or loyalty quest) and must return it to the correct NPC. Finally, there are combat-focused side missions where you get into a scrap and fight your way through.
The entire game has been streamlined, meaning this guide isn’t quite as complicated as our ME1 assignments list - however, there’s still assignments here that can have consequences in Mass Effect 3 if undertaken - and the rewards are valuable in your main story quest, too - with credits and resources gained valuable for getting the best weapons & ship upgrades to survive the suicide mission .
This page lists every assignment in Mass Effect 2 , broken up into a few simple sections, based on where you are in the game and when the quests unlock:
- Act 1 Assignments
- DLC Side Quests & when to play them
- Act 2 Assignments
Mass Effect 2 Assignments - Act 1 side quests
Here’s all of the assignments and side quests that can be triggered in ME2 in the first ‘act’ of the game - so after Freedom’s Progress and getting the Normandy, but before the next compulsory story mission on Horizon. First, the assignments on planets and major locations:
- Normandy: FBA Couplings - talk to Ken and Gabby, the Normandy’s engineers, down on the engineering deck. They’ll ask for these. You can buy them cheaply from Kenn’s Salvage on Omega. Can result in unique ambient dialogue in ME3 if completed.
- Normandy: Serrice Ice Brandy - talk to Chakwas on the Normandy Crew Quarters deck, in the med bay. You can buy the item you need in the various bars across the world; the Citadel’s Dark Star Lounge, Afterlife on Omega, and from shops on Tuchanka or Illium. You only need to buy it once.
- Normandy: Special Ingredients - talk to Mess Sergeant Gardner on the Normandy Crew Quarters deck. Buy the item from Zakera Cafe on the Citadel.
- Citadel: Crime in Progress - interrupt a conversation between a Quarian, Volus, & Human on the Citadel Wards, Level 26. Find the chit at Saronis Applications store nearby.
- Citadel: Krogan Sushi - overhear two Krogan arguing on the Citadel Wards Level 27. Talk to the Turian groundskeeper inside the Dark Star Lounge club nearby. Either tell the Krogan the truth, or buy a fish from the Souvenirs store to give to them to lie.
- Omega: Archangel: Datapad Recovered - pick up a datapad during the Archangel recruitment mission. Hand it over to Aria in Afterlife on Omega.
- Omega: Batarian Bartender - downstairs in Afterlife, order a drink from the Batarian Bartender. Choose how to deal with him.
- Omega: Struggling Quarian - speak to Kenn the Quarian at Kenn’s Salvage shop. Either pay his way, or help him another way.
- Omega: The Patriarch - after completing one or both recruitment missions on Omega, talk to Grizz the Turian bodyguard of Aria, near her private booth. Find the Patriarch downstairs. The neutral route gets less rewards; go for Paragon or Renegade.
- Omega: The Professor : Missing Assistant - automatically mentioned when you first meet Mordin during his recruitment mission. Daniel can be rescued in a side room in the second half of that mission.
These missions unlock at the same time, but at N7 missions, take place on random worlds typically discovered through Planet Scanning:
- N7: Eclipse Smuggling Depot - either scan the planet Daratar in the Faryar system of the Hourglass Nebula, or get the quest off Aria after completing the Datapad & Patriarch quests on Omega. The credits you get at the end of the mission varies depending on how many crates survive.
- N7: Lost Operative - scan the planet of Lorek in the Fathar system of the Omega Nebula, or get a message off Cerberus HQ after recruiting Archangel.
- N7: MSV Estevanico - scan the planet of Zenthu, which is in the Ploitari system of the Hourglass Nebula.
- N7: Abandoned Research Station then takes place on Jarrahe Station in the Eagle Nebula’s Strabo system.
- N7: Hahne-Kedar Facility takes you to the planet Capek in the Haskins system of the Titan Nebula.
Mass Effect 2 DLC Side Quests & Assignments
There are DLC Missions that are technically side quests, but are significant. Unlike other side missions, we include these in our suggested ME2 mission order - so we suggest you consult that page if you’re struggling to decide when to do them. The other DLC missions not listed here - Kasumi & Zaeed's quests, as well as Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival - are considered main story quests. Again, to know when to do them, see the order guide.
- Normandy Crash Site - you can do this any time after getting the Normandy. There’s no combat, but some decent rewards - so consider taking it on early.
- Project Firewalker - this consists of a string of 5 missions; Geth Activity/Incursion, Prothean Ruin, Rosalie Lost, Artifact Collection, and Recover Research Data. You can do these whenever you want, and they’re completely safe to do in the early-game, with no regular combat.
- Overlord - this DLC consists of 4 stages; Investigate Project Overlord, Atlas Station, Prometheus Station, and Vulcan Station. We suggest you save this string of missions for the second half of the game.
Mass Effect 2 Assignments - Act 2 & 3 side quests
After a thrilling visit to the planet of Horizon where you meet an old friend and get a far better idea of the threats you’re facing, a bunch more major planets and systems open up in ME2 - bringing with them a wide range of additional side quests.
First, there’s the quests that take place on the major story planets you can now visit, plus a few extra quests on previously visited worlds:
- Citadel: Found Forged ID / Citadel: False Positives - this quest can have two names, depending on how you acquire it. Either find the Forged ID as loot during Garrus’ loyalty mission , or overhear chatter between two Asari on the Citadel later in the game. You’ll need to talk to Kalara Tomi and decide what to do, either giving her the ID (if you have it), or going to C-Sec Customs to resolve it verbally. You have more options if you get reinstated as a Spectre.
- Omega: Packages for Ish - after Horizon, a Salarian named Ish will appear near the entrance to Omega. He and his companion want you to pick up packages from the Citadel (from near Saronis Applications) and Illium (in Eternity) and deliver them to him.
- Illium: A Troublemaker / Illium: Conrad Verner - only available if you completed the Citadel: The Fan assignment in ME1, and if you charmed or intimidated Conrad. If so, he’s back on Illium - an Asari outside Eternity gives you the assignment. Depending on the outcome, Conrad can show up in ME3.
- Illium: Blue Rose of Illium - in the area with the shops, Charr the Krogan is reading out his poetry. Talk to the Asari merchant to start the quest. This has consequences in ME3.
- Illium: Gianna Parasini - only appears when you import an ME1 save. She appears regardless of if you completed her side mission there or not. Meet Gianna near the entrance to Liara’s office. Drink the beer to get the quest.
- Illium: Indentured Service - if Conrad Verner is present, you must complete his quest first. Then, there’ll be a Quarian and Asari in Eternity. Decide the Quarian’s fate.
- Illium: Medical Scans - if they survived, this will be a character from ME1. Regardless, though, you’ll be approached near Illium’s tracking office.
- Illium: The Assassin: Salarian Family Data - during Thane’s recruitment mission, pick up this datapad to start this mission, then return it to the Salarian in one of Ilium’s hallways.
- Illium: The Justicar: Smuggling Evidence - find this datapad during Samara’s recruitment mission. After the fighting is over, you’re returned to the port for a debrief. During this time, before the mission ends, hand the datapad to either Pitne For or Detective Anaya. Anaya gives less of a cash reward, but is the paragon option.
- Illium: The Justicar: Stolen Goods Found - find the note during Samara’s recruitment mission and choose to upload it. That starts this mission. Back in the Illium hub, you’ll be approached about this.
- Illium: The Prodigal: Lost Locket Found - when completing Miranda’s loyalty mission , find this locket as loot. Return it to an Asari back on the Illium hub.
- Tuchanka: Combustion Manifold - talk to the Krogan mechanic, or find the manifold from an upside down vehicle during the mission.
- Tuchanka: Killing Pyjaks - talk to Ratch, the shopkeeper, to be challenged to this little tower defense mini-game.
- Tuchanka: Old Blood: Missing Scout - before going on Mordin’s loyalty mission , talk to the Chief Scout in the Krogan camp hub area. Rescue the Scout during the loyalty mission.
Beyond this, there are also a new series of N7 missions that unlock once you’ve completed the story mission on Horizon. Again, they’re mostly found through planet scanning:
- N7: Abandoned Mine - first, you’ll need to buy the Star Charts from Baria Frontiers on Illium. Next, go to the Minos Wasteland cluster’s Fortis system and scan the planet Aequitas.
- N7: Anomalous Weather Detected - you’ll need the relevant Star Chat from Baria Frontiers on Illium. Then scan the planet Canalus in the Dirada system of the Pylos Nebula.
- After completing that, an email will kick off N7: MSV Strontium Mule.
- Another email then sends you to N7: Blue Suns Base
- Finally, EDI will point you to N7: Javelin Missiles launched, though you can also trigger this early by just scanning its location (the moon Franklin in the Skepsis system of the Sigurd’s Cradle cluster).
- This directly leads to the next quest, N7: Blood Pack Communications Relay. You can trigger that mission early by scanning its location - Tarith, in the Lusran system of the Crescent Nebula.
- N7: Captured Mining Facility - scan the planet Helyme, which is in the Zelene system of the Crescent Nebula cluster.
- N7: Endangered Research Station - this mission either unlocks after Horizon & completing Project Firewalker: Rosalie Lost, or after the Collector Ship story mission. Scan Taitus, a planet in the Talava system of the Caleston Rift cluster.
- N7: Imminent Ship Crash - you’ll need another star chart from Baria Frontiers on Illium. The Broken Arrow is a ship found in the Nariph system of the Pylos Nebula, which is unlocked by a chart.
- N7: Mining the Canyon - this mission either unlocks after Horizon & completing Project Firewalker: Rosalie Lost, or after the Collector Ship story mission. Scan Sinmara, a planet in the Solevig system of the Caleston Rift cluster.
- N7: Quarian Crash Site - you’ll need a star chart from Baria Frontiers again. Once you have it, scan Gei Hinnom, which is in the Sheol system of the Hades Nexus cluster.
Video Game Guides, Walkthroughs. 100% Gaming
(ME2) Mass Effect 2 : All Illium Assignments / Quests Guide
(ME2) Mass Effect 2 has quite a handful of optional side quests or Assignments in this case that you can complete, some of which will only unlock after certain requirements are fulfilled.
Below is a simple guide on how to complete all of the Illium Assignments ..
- QUEST GIVER: Asari Slave Broker
- LOCATION: Eternity Bar
- INFO: The Quarian slave Free the slave either by talking to the Synthetic Insights Rep or the Slave Broker to complete assignment
- QUEST GIVER: Lanteia
- LOCATION: Illium
- INFO: Lost Locket Found: During Miranda’s loyalty mission you can find this To complete the assignment give Locket to the Asari near the entrance of Trading Floor. Miranda’s loyalty mission becomes available after completing the events on Horizon. Remember to bring Miranda with you!!
- QUEST GIVER: Illusive Man
INFO: Salarian Family Data: During the Dossier: Assassin mission you can find this Talk to the Salarian at the cargo transfer level to complete assignment. The Data can be found near an elevator. You need to complete the events on Horizon before you can trigger this.
- INFO: Stolen Goods Found: During Dossier: The Justicar mission you can find this by the entrance of the Crime Scene You will be met by a Krogan after you finish the mission and return to Illium this will complete assignment. This will become available after the events on Horizon
- INFO: Smuggling Evidence: As you come to the end of the Dossier: The Justicar mission you can find this. After the mission you can either report back to Anaya or Pitne For to complete assignment. This becomes available after the events on Horizon
- QUEST GIVER: Shiala or a human female colonist
- LOCATION: Tracking Office. Illium
- INFO: You will be greeted by a Colonist Convince Erinya to alter the contract to end assignment. This becomes available after the events on Horizon
Blue Rose Of Illium (NOT Included In Video. It Was Glitched Out)
- QUEST GIVER: Charr
- LOCATION: Memories of Illium Store. Nos Astra
- INFO: Charr will be reciting bad love poetry. Ereba can either be charmed into taking Charr back (5 Paragon Points), or split the pair up permanently (5 Renegade Points).
Related Guides / Links:
- (ME2) Mass Effect 2 – Guides Playlist (Videos)
- (ME2) Mass Effect 2 – Guides Playlist (Written)
- Latest Posts
- Lies Of P Wiki Contents - 18th September 2023
- All Chapter 2 Elysion Boulevard Collectibles – Lies Of P - 16th September 2023
- All Chapter 1 Collectibles – Lies Of P - 16th September 2023
More popular pages, leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Mass Effect 2: 10 Best Assignments For Learning Lore About The Universe
These are the best Mass Effect 2 assignments to tackle if you want to learn more about the lore.
Mass Effect 2 takes the story of the first Mass Effect title and turns it on its head. Instead of being a sanctioned branch of the galactic government, Shepard is now a member of an independent organization working outside the law. They've also been dead for a few years before Cerberus has managed to revive them — so it's no surprise if they need an update on galactic happenings.
RELATED: Mass Effect: Best Assignments For Learning Lore About The Universe
There are plenty of assignments in Mass Effect 2 that don't relate to the main story but allow players to become reacquainted with their favorite science-fiction dystopia. These are the ones players should prioritize if that strikes their fancy.
10 N7: Anomalous Weather Detected
In N7: Anomalous Weather Detected, Shepard scans Canalus, a planet in the Dirada System of the Pylos Nebula, to find that there is significant Geth activity on its surface.
RELATED: Things Only Pro Players Know You Can Do In Mass Effect Legendary Edition
They haven't gone away since Saren's demise and seem to still be working for the Reapers, though their goals are unclear at best. A giant device they've set up on the planet is causing erratic weather, so Shepard must fight through the Geth in heavy fog in an attempt to deactivate it and return Canalus back to normal.
9 Omega: Struggling Quarian
On Omega, a seedy space station where criminals, gangs, mercenaries, and more gather, Shepard meets a young man named Kenn and gets the opportunity to learn more about Quarians who are on their pilgrimage. In the first game, Tali describes her pilgrimage to Shepard but it's limited to optional dialogue. In Omega: Struggling Quarian, Kenn is attempting to leave the station but is struggling to deal with a powerful local merchant.
8 Illium: Medical Scans
In the mission Illium: Medical Scans, Shepard must deal with the ramifications of the previous game. Fans who played through the first Mass Effect will remember a mission on Feros in which a colony was being mind-controlled by a Thorian. Now, the colonists are struggling to retain their rights. A corporation, Baria Frontiers, has been performing invasive medical tests on them — something they inadvertently agreed to when trying to get treatment after the incident. The mind boggles at how future corporations might try to take advantage of citizens who go through extraterrestrial events like this.
7 Citadel: Crime In Progress
This assignment allows players to get a glimpse of how Quarians are discriminated against by other races. It's hard not to draw parallels between this and real-world social dynamics.
RELATED: Mass Effect Original VS. Legendary Editions: Character Differences
In Citadel: Crime In Progress, Shepard discovers a Volus and a Quarian arguing in the marketplace. When they approach the pair, they find a C-Sec officer trying to mediate — the Volus swears that the Quarian has stolen his credit chip, leaving Shepard to puzzle out the case.
6 Tuchanka: Old Blood: Missing Scout
Mordin Solus is a new recruit to Shepard's team during Mass Effect 2. As a Salarian and part of his government's Special Tasks Group (STG), he was involved in research on the genophage. During Mordin's loyalty mission, one Krogan is found in a holding cell. When Shepard tells him it is safe to leave, he insists that he can't since he might be able to help them find a cure for the genophage. Seeing how desperately Krogan want to cure their disease and what they'll personally give up for even a shot in the dark can make for a truly heartbreaking encounter.
5 N7: Abandoned Research Station
When Shepard investigates the remains of a wrecked merchant freighter, it leads them to a space station in the Strabo system of the Eagle Nebula. Upon investigating it further, they discover that the virtual intelligence (VI) went rogue, killing the humans before they could deactivate it. While this is definitely a fun parallel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, it also displays the risks of working with this advanced machinery. The Quarians, who were driven to near-extinction by their own advanced technology, the Geth, should be a cautionary tale for the rest of the universe.
4 Illium: Indentured Service
Mass Effect lore may mostly paint Batarians — and other notoriously "evil" races — as the slave traders of the galaxy, but Illium: Indentured Service shows how the practice is not limited to this world's seedy underbelly.
RELATED: Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Things Missing From The Character Creator
Asari, a generally well-respected species, can be slave brokers too, as demonstrated in this assignment. A Quarian with an Asari slave owner asks Shepard to help her by getting a corporation called Synthetic Insights to buy her service contract.
3 Omega: The Professor: Missing Assistant
When Shepard is recruiting Mordin Solus for their team, he'll note that his assistant, Daniel, has disappeared — naturally, they'll be asked to look for him. Though Omega is framed in a negative light by the games, it is also home to many civilians who simply have no better place to go. David is working with Solus to stop an outbreak of plague on board, and Shepard must convince the skeptical Batarians of this.
In the assignment Arrival, Shepard is sent by Admiral Hackett to investigate a missing undercover operative, Dr. Amanda Kenson. He says that she claims to have evidence of the upcoming Reaper attack, but was kidnapped by Batarian locals. When the player reaches her, it becomes clear that she may have found the evidence but was subsequently indoctrinated by the Reaper relics. Shepard must fight against her and attempt to save the local Batarians from destruction . It is another harrowing case of the indoctrination that Shepard has seen throughout the games and proves that it can happen to even the strongest minds the galaxy has to offer.
1 N7: Blue Suns Base
N7: Blue Suns Base is one of many examples where Shepard must take on the galaxy's varied mercenary groups. These quests introduce the groups to the player and demonstrate what their individual goals are. Now an employee of Cerberus and not a government official, Shepard must interact much more often with less-than-reputable organizations. In this particular assignment, the mercenary group known as the "the Blue Suns" has been using a distress beacon to lure ships in before killing and robbing them.
NEXT: Mass Effect Races Ranked By How Dangerous They Are
Assignments | mass effect 2 wiki.
- Create new page
- Recent Changes
- Edit Open Graph
- Clear page cache
- Clear comments cache
- File Manager
- Page Manager
- Wiki Templates
- Comments Approval
- Wiki Settings
- Wiki Manager
Assignments are the name given to side missions in Mass Effect 2 . Assignments DO NOT advance the main story, but completing them can help the player understand the inner workings of the game's universe, the interactions between Races , etc
All Assignments in Mass Effect 2
Normandy: FBA Couplings Normandy: Serrice Ice Brandy Normandy: Special Ingredients
Omega: Archangel: Datapad Recovered Omega: Batarian Bartender Omega: Packages for Ish Omega: Struggling Quarian Omega: The Patriarch Omega: The Professor: Missing Assistant
Citadel: Crime in Progress Citadel: False Positives Citadel: Found Forged ID Citadel: Krogan Sushi
These become available after completing Freedom's Progress
N7: Abandoned Research Station N7: Eclipse Smuggling Depot N7: Hahne-Kedar Facility N7: Lost Operative N7: MSV Estevanico N7: Wrecked Merchant Freighter
These become available after completing Horizon
N7: Abandoned Mine N7: Anomalous Weather Detected N7: Archeological Dig Site N7: Blood Pack Base N7: Blood Pack Communications Relay N7: Blue Suns Base N7: Captured Mining Facility N7: Endangered Research Station N7: Imminent Ship Crash N7: Javelin Missiles Launched N7: Mining the Canyon N7: MSV Strontium Mule N7: Quarian Crash Site
Illium: A Troublemaker Illium: Blue Rose of Illium Illium: Conrad Verner Illium: Gianna Parasini Illium: Indentured Service Illium: Medical Scans Illium: The Assassin: Salarian Family Data Illium: The Justicar: Smuggling Evidence Illium: The Justicar: Stolen Goods Found Illium: The Prodigal: Lost Locket Found
Tuchanka: Combustion Manifold Tuchanka: Killing Pyjaks Tuchanka: Old Blood: Missing Scout
Normandy Crash Site Project Firewalker: Geth Activity Project Firewalker: Prothean Site Project Firewalker: Rosalie Lost Project Firewalker: Survey Sites Located Project Firewalker: Volcano Station Overlord Overlord: Atlas Station Overlord: Prometheus Station Overlord: Vulcan Station Arrival
- Recent Changes +
- File Manager +
- Page Manager +
- Create Wiki +
- ⇈ Back to top ⇈
Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition
- During Dossier: Archangel ー In the first room, next to Jaroth
- During Dossier: The Assassin ー On the ground next to the elevator aftere the talk with the Eclipse soldier
- During Miranda: The Prodigal ー Next to the elevator at the end of the level, after killing Enyala
- During Dossier: The Justicar ー After you talked with the Detective Anaya, on the right next to the crime scene. Next time you land on Illium, a Krogan will engage conversation with you. After that, an Asari next to the cab area will have a different line
- During Dossier: The Justicar ー After you destroy the gunship, in the next room on the left. Can be given to either Pitne For or Detective Anaya
- During Garrus: Eye for an Eye ー On a desk just before going for Harkin ー The asari will be between level 26 and 27 after Thane: Sins of the Father
- During Mordin: Old Blood ー Just before entering the hospital, on the right
- During Benning: Evidence ー On the ground, upper level on the right from the spawn
- No change on war assets
- During N7: Cerberus Lab ー Go right, upstairs, in the small room in the right
- +8 in Hanar and Drell Forces
- During Grissom Academy: Investigation ー Right after you see some students (and David Archer if you did Overlord in ME2)
- +8 in Citadel Defence Force
- During Attican Traverse: The Rachni ー After the collapsing cinematics, on a dead Krogan
- During Tuchanka: Bomb ー Next to crates before the bomb
- +8 in Citadel Defense Force
- During Mesana: Distress Signal ー Next to a dead Asari, just after you meet Samara
- During N7: Cerberus Fighter Base ー In the room with the control panel
- +8 in Salarian Third Fleet
- During Arrae: Ex-Cerberus Scientists ー On the left just after the stairs
- +8 in Turian Sixth Fleet
- During Rannoch: Admiral Koris ー After you disabled the first cannon, before starting to disable the other 2 cannons, on the left wall of the jamming tower
- During Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons ー After the first teleportation, on the left of the first server
- +8 in Asari Second Fleet
- During N7: Fuel Reactors ー On the left at the start of the mission
- +8 in Alliance First Fleet
- During N7: Communication Hub ー Next to the second objective
- On you way to the Talon HQ, 3 computers to find
- Allow you to get the war assets from general Oleg Petrovsky even if you choose to kill him
- Just before Aria start the speech to the people of Omega, behind a crate
- On your way to kill the general after bomb defuse, when you raise the dam