What Does a Design Project Manager Do?
Find out what a design project manager does, how to get this job, and what it takes to succeed as a design project manager.
Table Of Contents
Design project manager job duties.
- Design Project Manager Salary & Outlook
Design Project Manager Job Requirements
Design project manager skills, design project manager work environment, design project manager trends, how to become a design project manager, advancement prospects.
- Job Description Example
Design project managers are responsible for overseeing the creation of new products or services. They work with a variety of different teams, including designers, engineers, marketers, and other stakeholders to ensure that each project meets its goals in a timely fashion.
Design project managers may also be responsible for managing the flow of information between these various teams. This might include things like scheduling meetings, organizing design reviews, etc.
A design project manager typically has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Reviewing and updating project plans based on changes in scope or schedule to ensure that the project stays on track
- Communicating with clients or other stakeholders to update them on project status
- Communicating with team members to ensure they are meeting deadlines, resolving issues, and following procedures
- Managing and developing staff who are involved in the project, including architects, engineers, contractors, etc.
- Managing project budgets by tracking expenditures against planned spending to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Reviewing designs to ensure they meet industry standards and specifications
- Overseeing a team of designers or contractors to ensure they complete their work on time and within budget
- Managing the overall design process, including planning, scheduling, managing workflow, and ensuring adherence to safety standards
Design Project Manager Salary & Outlook
Design project managers’ salaries vary depending on their level of education, years of experience, and the size and industry of the company. They may also earn additional compensation in the form of bonuses.
- Median Annual Salary: $85,000 ($40.87/hour)
- Top 10% Annual Salary: $135,000 ($64.9/hour)
The employment of design project managers is expected to grow at an average rate over the next decade.
Demand for design project managers depends largely on the overall health of the economy. As demand for new products and services grows, companies will need more design project managers to oversee product development.
A design project manager typically needs to have the following qualifications:
Education: Project managers are typically required to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as business administration, management or computer science. Some employers prefer to hire project managers who have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA). An MBA is a two-year program that includes coursework and a final project.
Training & Experience: Design project managers typically receive on-the-job training. This training may include learning about the company’s specific processes and procedures, as well as the software and technology they use. Training may also include learning about the company’s clients and the design projects they work on.
Certifications & Licenses: Certifications are not usually a requirement as design project managers typically gain their experience on the job. However, certifications can help design project managers gain more knowledge about their responsibilities and further their career advancement opportunities.
Design project managers need the following skills in order to be successful:
Communication: Communication is another crucial skill for a project manager. You need to be able to convey information to your team members and clients in a clear and concise manner. You also need to be able to listen to feedback and answer questions from your team members and clients.
Organization: Organization is another skill that can help you be a better project manager. As a project manager, you may be responsible for managing a large amount of information, including project files, employee contact information and more. Having strong organizational skills can help you keep track of all the information you need to manage effectively.
Time management: Time management is another crucial skill for project managers. They often have multiple projects they’re working on at the same time, so they need to be able to manage their time effectively. This means they need to be able to prioritize tasks and manage their time well so they can complete all of their work on time.
Problem-solving: Problem-solving skills allow you to identify issues and develop solutions to overcome them. As a project manager, you may be responsible for resolving any challenges that arise during the project. Your problem-solving skills can help you identify the source of the issue and develop a plan to resolve it.
Leadership: Leadership skills can help you motivate your team and encourage them to work together to meet project deadlines. As a project manager, you can use your leadership skills to help your team work efficiently and effectively. You can also use leadership skills to help your team work through challenges and overcome obstacles.
Design project managers work in a variety of settings, including advertising agencies, architectural firms, interior design firms, and manufacturing companies. They typically work regular business hours, although they may occasionally work overtime to meet deadlines. They may also travel to meet with clients or to attend conferences. Design project managers typically work on multiple projects at the same time and must be able to juggle many tasks simultaneously. They must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Here are three trends influencing how design project managers work. Design project managers will need to stay up-to-date on these developments to keep their skills relevant and maintain a competitive advantage in the workplace.
The Need for More Collaboration Between Design and Development
As businesses become more reliant on digital products, the need for collaboration between design and development becomes increasingly important. This is because both teams are responsible for creating the user experience, which is essential to the success of any product.
Design project managers can utilize this trend by encouraging communication between designers and developers early on in the process. This will help to ensure that everyone is on the same page and that the final product meets the needs of the business.
The Importance of User Experience (UX)
User experience (UX) has become an increasingly important factor in the world of design. As users become more accustomed to using technology, they expect a certain level of polish from the products they use.
This means that designers need to be able to not only create beautiful interfaces, but also make them easy to use. In order to do this, they need to understand how users think and what they want.
More Attention to Branding
Branding is becoming an increasingly important part of design projects as businesses realize the value of having a unique identity.
As a result, design professionals will need to learn how to create brands that resonate with their audience. They will also need to be able to manage the entire branding process, from initial concept to final execution.
A career as a design project manager can be incredibly rewarding. It offers the opportunity to work with a variety of people and projects, and it allows you to use your creativity to solve problems. However, before embarking on this career path, it’s important to consider what type of design project manager you want to be.
There are two main types of design project managers: those who specialize in graphic design and those who specialize in web design. Both types of designers have different skillsets and responsibilities, so it’s important to choose the right one for you. If you’re not sure which direction to go in, try working as an assistant designer first to get a feel for both fields.
Design project managers can advance their careers by taking on larger and more complex projects. As they gain experience, they will be able to handle more responsibility and may eventually be able to start their own design firm. In addition, design project managers can also advance their careers by becoming certified in project management. This certification will show potential employers that the design project manager has the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully manage projects.
Design Project Manager Job Description Example
At [CompanyX], we work with some of the world’s most iconic brands to create digital experiences that shape the future. We’re looking for a design project manager to join our team and help us bring these experiences to life. The ideal candidate will have experience managing digital design projects from start to finish, working with a team of designers, developers, and strategists. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget, while also maintaining the high level of quality that our clients expect. If you’re a creative problem solver with a passion for digital design, we want to hear from you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project stakeholders, providing clear and timely communication on project status, risks, and changes
- Develop a deep understanding of the project requirements, objectives, and deliverables, using this knowledge to drive project planning and execution
- Create detailed project plans, workback schedules, and timelines to ensure efficient and successful delivery of all project elements
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle, escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution
- Manage day-to-day project activities, including but not limited to scope, budget, resources, quality, and schedule
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally, to deliver high-quality project outputs
- Effectively utilize project management tools and methodologies to plan, track, and report on project progress
- Prepare and deliver presentations to project sponsors, steering committees, and other key stakeholders
- Manage change requests and ensure all impacted parties are kept up-to-date on approved changes
- Conduct post-project reviews to document successes, lessons learned, and areas for improvement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and best practices
- Continuously develop personal and professional skillset through active participation in relevant training and development opportunities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, project management, or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in project management, with a focus on design projects
- Proven track record of successful project management from start to finish
- Strong understanding of the design process, including user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in graphic design, project management, or related field
- PMP certification
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Familiarity with project management software, such as JIRA, Asana, or Trello
What Does a Bank Accountant Do?
What does a hotel night manager do, you may also be interested in..., what does a medical equipment technician do, what does a restaurant supervisor do, what does a hotel general manager do, what does an assistant front office manager do.
Graphic Design Project Manager - IPSA 10 - Office-based
New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Type of Contract :
Starting Date :
Application deadline :.
28-Jun-22 (Midnight New York, USA)
Post Level :
Duration of initial contract :, languages required :.
Expected Duration of Assignment :
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Instructions to Applicants : Click on the " Apply now " button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file .
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11 , indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 177 countries and territories, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. At UNDP, external and internal communication—nationally, regionally and globally—is critical to achieving both development results and business objectives. Skillful communication broadens the impacts of new policies, helps governance reforms take root, and attracts and fosters strong partnerships.
Within BERA, the Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group leads and manages external communications through strategy, media, digital communications, marketing, branding and global storytelling. The Brand and Marketing Team in the Communications Group manages UNDP’s brand, and creates marketing products and resources to promote UNDP and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ensuring that messages resonate and gather support from audiences that span from government decision-makers to the general public. It manages the Marketing Services Hub: UNDP’s in-house agency, managing a roster of external experts to produce marketing communications projects for teams and leverage the expertise of the Brand and Marketing team to provide high-quality communication services aligned with the UNDP brand. The team also manages the online UNDP Shop, a fast-growing initiative that empowers people around the world to promote the SDGs.
Reporting to the Team Leader of the Brand and Marketing Team, the Graphic Design Project Manager will oversee the Marketing Services Hub’s assignments, connecting with focal points in requesting teams, assigning jobs to external designers, managing timelines, ensuring the highest quality standards and alignment to UNDP’s brand direction. The selected candidade will also be required to produce original design and support the team’s brand management work.
The Graphic Design Project Manager will report to the Team Leader of the Brand and Marketing Team. The selected candidate will be required to liaise with internal requesting teams, external vendors and printers (as needed).
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Manage projects for the Marketing Services Hub, from acting as focal point with requesting teams, to managing timelines and assigning projects to external professionals;
- Manage and update the Marketing Services Hub roster list as needed;
- Design and layout UNDP’s resource mobilization brochures and additional resource mobilization products, including factsheets, infographics, signage and reports;
- Design communications products for the Executive Office (ExO) and corporate priorities;
- Support the Brand and Marketing Team throughout the roll-out of the updated brand manual;
- Undertake additional projects for the Marketing Services Hub as needed.
Ability to communicate visually and create appealing UNDP graphic products
Ability to communicate the value of a product or service
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Required Skills and Experience
Graphic Design Manager
Graphic Design Manager manages the design and production of graphic art and visual materials for print and digital media. Ensures that layout and design are aligned with brand and production standards and follow best practices. Being a Graphic Design Manager oversees the creation and execution of design solutions including imagery, charts, infographics, and multimedia elements used for marketing, advertising, sales, and other forms of communication. Consults with customers and stakeholders to conceptualize, scope, and develop project deliverables and timelines. Additionally, Graphic Design Manager ensures designers have the tools and skills required to produce unique, high impact materials. Requires a bachelor's degree in art or graphic design. Typically reports to a director. The Graphic Design Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Graphic Design Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 - 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Employers: Find Surveys For This Job
Employers: Job Description Management Tool
Employees: Get a Salary Increase
Years of Experience
- Graphic Design Director
- Graphic Design Supervisor
- Graphic Design Specialist I
- Graphic Design Specialist V
- Graphic Design Specialist IV
- Graphic Design Specialist II
- Graphic Design Specialist III
- Graphic Design Senior Manager
- Motion Graphic Design Specialist II
- Motion Graphic Design Specialist IV
- Graphic Design Manager Salaries with No Diploma
- Graphic Design Manager Salaries with a High School Diploma or Technical Certificate
- Graphic Design Manager Salaries with an Associate's Degree
- Graphic Design Manager Salaries with a Bachelor's Degree
- Graphic Design Manager Salaries with a Master's Degree or MBA
- Graphic Design Manager Salaries with a JD, MD, PhD or Equivalent
- Graphic Arts
- Media - Print
- Printing and Publishing
- Aerospace & Defense
- Business Services
- Edu., Gov't. & Nonprofit
- Energy & Utilities
- Financial Services
- Hospitality & Leisure
- MFG Durable
- MFG Nondurable
- Retail & Wholesale
- Software & Networking
- San Diego, CA Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- Chicago, IL Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- New York, NY Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- Houston, TX Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- Phoenix, AZ Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- San Antonio, TX Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- San Jose, CA Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- Los Angeles, CA Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- Philadelphia, PA Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- Dallas, TX Graphic Design Manager Salaries
- SHRM GLOBAL
Members may download one copy of our sample forms and templates for your personal use within your organization. Please note that all such forms and policies should be reviewed by your legal counsel for compliance with applicable law, and should be modified to suit your organization’s culture, industry, and practices. Neither members nor non-members may reproduce such samples in any other way (e.g., to republish in a book or use for a commercial purpose) without SHRM’s permission. To request permission for specific items, click on the “reuse permissions” button on the page where you find the item.
The Graphics Manager will direct the production and layout of artwork and platemaking, facilitating communication and collaboration across departments to ensure project/client specifications are met.
- Oversees the day-to-day workflow and output of the department, prioritizing and assigning projects.
- Provides guidance and leadership on projects; creates and implements additional training and development as needed.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Hires temporary or contract help as needed.
- Oversees and manages art preparation and platemaking layout, providing guidance as needed.
- Establishes and implements a work order process through which design consultation can occur, specifications can be collected, and projects can be assigned and prioritized.
- Calculates project cost estimates based on materials and resources required; maintains pricing list or system for recurring or standard projects.
- Ensures finished projects align with customer and project requirements before product leaves department for printing, delivery, and/or distribution.
- Schedules and leads regular departmental meetings to discuss projects and priorities for team members and to address questions or concerns regarding company policies and procedures.
- Maintains departmental equipment and supplies; may research and negotiate with vendors to secure competitive prices on required materials and equipment.
- Maintains portfolio of exemplary work samples.
- Attends design consultation meetings for unusual or large-scale projects.
- Collaborates with internal sales and marketing departments, customers, and outside vendors and contractors to ensure all expectations are sufficiently met.
- Assists team members with projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sense of design.
- Thorough understanding of typography, drawing, and lettering techniques.
- Ability to assess costs and quote prices for prospective clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software and graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of, or ability to learn, art and print methods that relate to the organizations product and packaging needs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required; BFA in in Art, Graphic Arts, or related discipline highly preferred.
- At least three years in graphic design required.
- Project management and managerial experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to distinguish colors and shapes to design and oversee graphics.
You have successfully saved this page as a bookmark.
Please confirm that you want to proceed with deleting bookmark.
You have successfully removed bookmark.
Please log in as a SHRM member before saving bookmarks.
Your session has expired. Please log in as a SHRM member.
Please purchase a SHRM membership before saving bookmarks.
An error has occurred
Email A Friend
Hr daily newsletter, join the conversation.
- Bylaws & Code of Ethics
- SHRM Executive Network
- SHRM Global
- Linkage, Inc.
WORK AT SHRM
- Career Opportunities
- SHRM Foundation DONATE
WORK WITH SHRM
- Speakers Bureau
- Copyright & Permissions
- Advertise with Us
- Partner with Us
- Find an HR Job
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Page Information
- Page Properties
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
Design Project Manager Job Description
Design project manager duties & responsibilities.
To write an effective design project manager job description, begin by listing detailed duties, responsibilities and expectations. We have included design project manager job description templates that you can modify and use.
Sample responsibilities for this position include:
Design Project Manager Qualifications
Qualifications for a job description may include education, certification, and experience.
Licensing or Certifications for Design Project Manager
List any licenses or certifications required by the position: PMP, PMI, DBIA, LEED, SEP, 9000, CCM, AP, QS, TS
Education for Design Project Manager
Typically a job would require a certain level of education.
Employers hiring for the design project manager job most commonly would prefer for their future employee to have a relevant degree such as Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, Design, Education, Technical, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Business
Skills for Design Project Manager
Desired skills for design project manager include:
Desired experience for design project manager includes:
Design Project Manager Examples
- Microsoft Word (.docx) .DOCX
- PDF Document (.pdf) .PDF
- Image File (.png) .PNG
- Assists Senior Manager in planning regular Merch Leadership Team (MLT) meeting logistics, including agenda, space, hotel reservations, and meals
- Support the M&D Ops team with some administrative needs, including ordering supplies and coordinating team meetings
- Support M&D VP and team with ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Conducts site visits and monitors installations to ensure quality performance by the contractor
- Preparation and implementation of the Project Management Plan
- Input to procurement planning and assistance with risk assessment, constructability reviews, cost estimating, tendering and procurement
- Oversight of the Design-Builder’s design, construction and commissioning activities, schedule, quality and safety practices, incident management, risk mitigation and issue management processes on behalf of the Owner, including field inspection
- Effective management of communications between the Owner and the Design-Builder, and with external stakeholders including municipalities, utility companies and regulatory agencies
- Proactive issue management, problem solving and decision-making, to maintain progress and support the Owner’s program objectives
- Coordination of utility relocation work in advance of construction
- Proficiency in the metric system is required
- Previous experience and/or desire in building a store design infrastructure, including processes, methodologies and tools required to drive effectiveness
- 3-d and rendering capabilities, hand or computer-generated is a plus
- Knowledge of LEED practices is a plus
- Comfortable in managing projects partnering with teams located in different world regions (through photo documentations, conference calls )
- Familiarity with JIRA and Asana
- Interpretation of the Design-Build Contract, negotiation and dispute resolution
- Cost management, including certification of payment applications, oversight of the schedule and change management
- Claims management on behalf of the Owner, including liaison with specialists as needed for analysis and recommendations
- Participation in testing and commissioning activities, leading to certification for Handover, Substantial Performance and Total Performance of the work on behalf of the Owner
- Preparation of progress and financial reporting to the Owner and funding authorities
- Input to “lessons learned” workshops related to technical and contractual issues
- Finds, pursues and wins long-term, large business opportunities by networking with clients within the municipal industry to develop business relationships
- Working with providers and care teams in the hospital, clinic and home setting
- Facilitating ideating new solutions/products/services in partnership with patients, providers, care teams and operations leads
- Work withsomedirect supervision
- 5 years+ of experience working with large scale projects
- Provide project management support to leadership team by helping to manage / resolve issues, risks, and re-planning efforts
- Atlanta based role
- 3-5 years experience within the apparel industry or in an project management role
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough, with strong follow-up skills
- Proficient with software applications, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Technical discussions of the RFQ and quotation with the customer
- Support sales force in quotation development
- Coordinate internal and external resources to meet milestones
- Project budget and cost tracking
- Establish and track project time schedules
- Schedule and attend meetings with customer to review progress as needed to assure customer satisfaction
- Responsibility for the technical data transfer and tracking
- Direct technical customer contact throughout the order processing
- Transfer of the customer Purchase Order requirements to the design and manufacturing process
- Design review with the customer
- Must have 10+ years of experience in Store Planning/Layout with at least 5+ years of managerial experience
- Ability to interpret executive direction for store interiors and ensure that all expectations/timelines are met
- The job requires autonomous decision making
- You will be confident acting as a mentor to developing engineers, promoting their technical and professional development
- Project management in Design-Build delivery of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities/campuses required
- Bachelor of Architecture, Interior Architecture, Interior Design or foreign equivalent
- Draft the request for the designer
- Check delivered graphics for errors
- Work with producers to address any necessary revisions
- Sponsor graphics require additional management since they don't fall within the typical on-air graphic format
- Ensure designers understand the look/feel of each show and how that relates to the overall network brands
- Maintain an ever-evolving queue of graphics projects, continuously flexing when necessary
- You have the technical responsibility for developing the thermal design in the turbine project
- Manages the design, development and delivery support of on-line course content, specifically, the creation of interactive and multimedia components, and other support materials consistent with established design and development processes to ensure flexibility and reusability
- Participates in strategic planning and formulation of technology directions, initiatives within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and delivery of plans and policies
- Develops and/or maintains on-line web-based resources such as tutorials, reference material, design standards, content resources, templates, and tools for instructional development
- Experience with the design and construction of roadway and transit infrastructure, including civil and drainage works, bridges, stations, electrical and ITS systems, and utilities
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Province of Ontario or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET)
- Comprehensive knowledge of current design and construction principles combined with knowledge of construction management practices, including familiarity with construction law, contract administration and claims management
- Demonstrated experience with design standards and engineering, regulatory approval processes, construction engineering, construction contract development and enforcement, construction safety and quality control processes, and construction documentation
- Knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
- Sound knowledge of construction legislation and regulations including the Construction Lien Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, Ontario Building Code, and local trades as applicable to the construction industry
- Independent project managing, taking into account the customer's wishes, internal objectives with regard to deadlines, costs and quality
- Management of interdisciplinary project teams (design, purchasing, engineering)
- Verification of product requirements and preparation of product specifications together with the project team
- Support by the offering process of design projects
- Proactively seek information, clarification and business and product knowledge
- Understands and executes to the Creative Brief
- Be a solution provider
- Drive improvements in health and safety performance, ensuring effective practice is promulgated to staff and partners who carry out tasks on behalf of the business
- Responsibility for a sub-programme / a portfolio of highways infrastructure projects at any given stage of the project lifecycle
- Provide management and leadership to a team of Project Managers that will report directly to you
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as Engineering, or the equivalent combined with at least 15 years of management experience in construction, preferably in a design-build environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of business administration, fiscal and human resources policies and legislation/regulations regarding safety, employment, human rights
- Ability to prepare and interpret complex reports, recognize problems and define and evaluate solutions
- Demonstrated negotiation and mediation skills for the successful resolution of complex construction and engineering claims
- A valid driver’s license for the Province of Ontario
- A minimum of 10 years in related field and at least 7 years of project management experience required
Related Job Descriptions
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
I am an Employer
I am a candidate.
Graphics Manager Job Description Template for Hiring Managers
In today's digital age, visuals play a crucial role in marketing and communication strategies. Graphics Managers are responsible for overseeing the design and production of visual materials, ensuring that they meet the organization's branding guidelines and objectives. However, creating a job description from scratch can be time-consuming and overwhelming.
Graphics Manager Job Description
We are seeking a talented Graphics Manager to join our team. As the Graphics Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of graphic design and ensuring the delivery of high-quality visual content. You will work closely with the creative team to develop and execute a variety of visual materials that align with our brand standards and business objectives. The ideal candidate has a strong creative eye, excellent leadership skills, and a passion for producing visually stunning designs.
Graphics Manager Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the graphics team, providing guidance, feedback, and support to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand project requirements, objectives, and target audience.
- Develop and implement design guidelines, standards, and processes to maintain consistency across all visual materials.
- Create and design visually appealing graphics, including but not limited to, logos, brochures, posters, infographics, packaging, and website elements.
- Oversee the production and printing process, ensuring high-quality output and adherence to project timelines.
- Stay updated on industry trends, new design techniques, and tools to continuously enhance the quality and efficiency of the graphics team.
- Maintain a digital asset management system to organize and archive all design files, ensuring easy access for future use.
- Collaborate with external vendors, printers, and designers to ensure seamless execution of projects when required.
- Provide art direction and creative guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and approve final designs, ensuring they meet brand guidelines and project specifications.
Graphics Manager Required Skills
- Proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography, color theory, and layout composition.
- Excellent creativity and ability to think outside the box, bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team of designers.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work even under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of printing processes and specifications to ensure optimal print quality.
- Familiarity with web design principles and user experience concepts.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, or a related field.
- Proven experience (X number of years) in graphic design roles, preferably in a managerial or leadership position.
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of design projects, demonstrating technical skills and creativity.
- Understanding of marketing and branding principles to ensure designs align with business objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically to overcome design challenges.
- Knowledge of current design trends and best practices in the industry.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and guidance to designers to improve their skills and performance.
- Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms, and their visual requirements.
- Experience with project management tools and software is a plus.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Graphics Manager position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, responsibilities, and skills required for the role.
In conclusion, the Graphics Manager job description template provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities and qualifications required for this role. A Graphics Manager plays a crucial role in a company by overseeing the design and implementation of visual assets, ensuring consistent brand identity, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. This template serves as a valuable resource for both employers and job seekers, ensuring that the right skills and experience are highlighted to attract the most qualified candidates for this important position.
Explore how Manatal can Fit your Business
Get started with manatal, transform the way you recruit today..
Kevin martin, try manatal for free during 14-day with no commitment..