Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Using adverbs in sentences
Download & Print Only $6.49
Using adverbs worksheets
Completing sentences with adverbs worksheets.
Adding adverbs to sentences makes writing more interesting. In these grade 3 worksheets, students use adverbs from a word bank to complete sentences.
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More adverbs worksheets
Explore all of our adverbs worksheets , focused on the proper use of adverbs in sentences.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
Grade 3 Adverb Worksheets
Free grade 3 adverb worksheets to help your students improve their skills in English. Adverbs can be tricky and must be worked on each week. Adverbs usually describe the verb and make writing more interesting. These free worksheets will help your students in identifying adverbs within a sentence. Use them after you have explicitly taught adverbs, what they look like and where you might find them within a sentence. For more free adverb worksheets, check out K5 Learning . They have more free worksheets to help your children improve in English.
Click to Preview
Editing Task Cards!
Need more English worksheets? Check out these editing task cards. They’re a great wat to get your students editing writing whilst learning facts and information. For students to improve in English, they must be capable of editing. These task cards are a great way for children to practise!
Murder Mystery Activities
Kyvonna Elise Rock
If some answers are wrong that are supposed to be right it is my fault
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
- Download PDF
Adverbs For Class 3
Jump ahead to:
Definition of adverb for class 3rd: Adverbs are words that explain more about verbs, it qualifies the verbs. Basically, it tells us how the action was done.
- Suhani danced gracefully .
- Mary sang badly .
- The science quiz was held in the stadium .
- Sandy rides the bicycle carelessly .
- He is will be reaching the office at 11 o’clock .
In the above sentences:
In the first sentence ‘ gracefully ’ qualifies us for how Suhani danced. It tells us extra things about the verb ‘dance’. So here adverb is ‘ gracefully ’ .
In the second sentence ‘ badly ’ qualifies us as how Mary sang. It tells us extra things about the verb ‘sing’. So here adverb is ‘ badly ’ .
In the third sentence ‘ stadium ’ qualifies us as where the quiz was held. It tells us extra things about the verb ‘held’. So here adverb is ‘ stadium ’ .
In the fourth sentence ‘ carelessly ’ qualifies us for how Sandy rides the bicycle. It tells us extra things about the verb ‘rides’. So here adverb is ‘ carelessly ’ .
In the fifth sentence “ 11 o’clock” qualifies us as to when will he reach the office. It tells us more about the verb ‘reaching’. So here the adverb is ‘ 11 o’clock’.
List of adverbs
5 examples of adverbs for class 3.
- The lion ran swiftly and caught the pig.
- The mynas are chirping loudly .
- The mother quietly exits the room after the baby was asleep.
- Grandpa eagerly waits for his grandson.
- The peacock happily danced in the rain.
Use of Adverbs in sentences:
- How does the bulb glow? The bulb glows brightly.
- How does a warrior fight? A warrior fights bravely.
- How does it hail? It hails heavily.
- How does the dog bark? It barks loudly.
- How does a bulbul sing? A bulbul sings sweetly.
- How does a leopard run? A leopard runs fastly.
Adverbs Worksheet for Class 3
Exercise – 1.
Underline the adverbs in the following sentences:-
- She ran quickly from the room.
- He ate all the chocolates fastly.
- Her dress is so beautifully designed.
- They do not take the problem seriously.
- My grandmother smiled cheerfully.
- She is going nearby market .
- She speaks very softly.
- The work had finished by them easily.
- Neha was deeply hearted by his words.
- Sohan always buys chocolates for the kids.
Exercise – 2
Fill in the blanks:-
- My grandmother talks _____ .
- Sita does her work ______ .
- The babies are sleeping. Please speak ______ .
- Sanju solves the mathematics problem ________ .
- Children listening to story _______ .
- The deer ran ______ and escaped.
- She completed her work _______ .
- Her work is done _______ .
- Pranali always goes to school _______ .
- He is going to watch a movie _______ .
Exercise – 3
Try to fill in the given options:-
- Yesterday the sun was shining _______.
- The baby cried _______ when he lost his toy.
- Sonali runs very _______.
- The lion jumped _______.
- The soldiers fought _______ but didn’t win the battle.
- We should speak _______.
- He does not do his work _______.
- Sonali danced so _______.
- I am getting late. Let me walk _______.
- Mohit can speak French _______.
PDF for Class 3 Adverbs
Leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
Algebra & Pre-Algebra
Daily Math Review
Division (Long Division)
Order of Operations
Word Problems (Daily)
More Math Worksheets
Reading Comprehension Gr. 1
Reading Comprehension Gr. 2
Reading Comprehension Gr. 3
Reading Comprehension Gr. 4
Reading Comprehension Gr. 5
Reading Comprehension Gr. 6
Reading & Writing
Cause & Effect
Fact & Opinion
Fix the Sentences
Synonyms & Antonyms
Writing Story Pictures
More ELA Worksheets
More Phonics Worksheets
Sight Word Units
Sight Words (Individual)
More Early Literacy
Subjects and Predicates
More Grammar Worksheets
Spelling Grade 1
Spelling Grade 2
Spelling Grade 3
Spelling Grade 4
Spelling Grade 5
More Spelling Worksheets
Magic Tree House #1
More Literacy Units
Animal (Vertebrate) Groups
Butterfly Life Cycle
Matter (Solid, Liquid, Gas)
Space - Solar System
More Science Worksheets
Maps (Map Skills)
More Social Studies
New Year's Worksheets
More Holiday Worksheets
Puzzles & Brain Teasers
Logic: Addition Squares
Mystery Graph Pictures
Lost in the USA
More Thinking Puzzles
More Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
Numbers and Counting
Word Search Generator
Multiple Choice Generator
More Generator Tools
Full Website Index
An adverb is one of the eight parts of speech. It is a word that describes how, where or when an action verb takes place. Use the worksheets below to help your students understand adverbs.
Logged in members can use the Super Teacher Worksheets filing cabinet to save their favorite worksheets.
Quickly access your most used files AND your custom generated worksheets!
Please login to your account or become a member and join our community today to utilize this helpful feature.
Adjectives and Adverbs
Prepositional phrases as adverbs.
Find printable worksheets for nouns, verbs, pronouns, sentences, subjects/predicates, and more.
Writing prompts that will have your students thinking and writing creative stories
PDF with answer key:
PDF no answer key: