- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Find the Right Template to Write a Document for Free
Writing documents can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not sure where to start. Fortunately, there are many free templates available online that can help you get started. Here are some tips on how to find the right template to write a document for free.
The first step in finding the right template is to search online. There are many websites that offer free document templates, so it’s important to take some time to browse through them and find one that best suits your needs. When searching, make sure to look for templates that are easy to use and have all the features you need.
Check Out Professional Templates
If you’re looking for a more professional-looking template, then it’s worth checking out some of the paid options available online. Professional templates often come with more features and customization options than free ones, so they can be worth the investment if you need something more polished and professional-looking.
Look for User Reviews
Finally, it’s always a good idea to read user reviews before downloading any template. This will help you get an idea of how well the template works and if there are any issues or problems with it. Reading user reviews can also give you an insight into how easy or difficult it is to use the template, which can be helpful when trying to decide which one is right for you.
Finding the right template to write a document for free doesn’t have to be difficult. By following these tips, you should be able to find one that meets your needs and helps you create a professional-looking document quickly and easily.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Globalization essay topics and questions for writing task 2 IELTS
Home » IELTS writing task 2 questions » Writing Task 2: Globalisation essays IELTS topics and questions
Task 2 globalisation essay questions are very common in the IELTS exam. Before we get into looking at globalisation task 2 examples, there’s a small point to make about spelling. Recently, a student asked me, ‘What is the difference between globalization and globalisation?’ The answer is, not much. Either spelling is acceptable, the only difference is that spelling it with an s is generally preferred in the UK, while the word is more commonly spelt with a z in the USA. All you need to do is be consistent, meaning that if you use the word more than once in your answer, spell it the same way both times. In order to be fair, we will write the next part of the article using the z spelling.
What exactly is Globalization?
Globalization is a term used to describe how trade and technology have made the world a more connected and interdependent place . Globalization also captures in its scope the economic and social changes that have come about as a result.
So, any globalization essay in IELTS could mention the term directly or talk about jobs or technology. A globalization writing task 2 gives you a lot of scope for using less common phrases to talk about the world. ( With the rapid development of the global economy…. ). When you look at the globalization task 2 example questions below, think first about how you might answer them and then look at the sample answers for more hints and ideas.
Sample IELTS Task 2 globalization question
A globalization-related task 2 question might be:
Some people believe that the most important aspect of their job is their salary. Others think that the job itself is the most important. What do you think is the most important aspect of a job? Include specific details and examples to support your choice.
You can decide how to approach task 2, discussing related topics if they are relevant.
Globalization essays for IELTS Exam
- Many people say that globalisation and the growing number of multinational companies have a negative effect on the environment. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. Find the sample answer to this globalisation IELTS writing task 2 question here .
- Why do you think social skills are now being emphasized by companies during the recruitment process? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- In today’s very competitive world, a worker has to possess multiple skills to succeed. Among the skills that a worker should possess, which skill do you think is more important, social skills or good qualifications? Explain the reasons and provide specific examples to support your answer. Find the sample answer to this question here .
- Do you think businesses should hire employees who will spend their entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. Find the sample answer to this question here .
- Would you prefer to stay in one company or change companies at one point in your career life? What are the advantages and disadvantages for both scenarios? Give specific details and examples to support your opinion. Do you think that people who work online at home are more productive than office workers or the other way around? Give reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Many countries now face an economic downturn so it is better for each country to focus on its own problems rather than helping other countries. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- Every country should produce enough of everything that the country needs so it does not have to rely on imports. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your position.
- Some developed countries now have unemployment problems. Why do people still want to emigrate to these countries? Give reasons and specific examples to explain your answer.
More IELTS Practice
This is a very common IELTS topic and it comes up in the reading and speaking tests also. For vocabulary to help you practice globalisation IELTS reading answers, click here.
Need some more help writing your globalization essay? IELTS Podcast is here to help. For an introduction on how to start IELTS writing task 2 click here .
- Free Essay Band Score Evaluation
- Sign up to claim your free IELTS materials
- Jump to Band 7 or it’s Free
- IELTS Writing Evaluation
- IELTS Band Score Calculator
- Book Your Online IELTS Test
- Sample Topic Answers
- Useful Sentences
- Sample Task 2 Questions 2022
- Introduction to Paraphrasing
- Model Band 9 Essay
- Five Band 9 Words
- Model Band 7 Essay
- Differences Band 9 vs Band 7 Essay
- Band 6.5 Essay
- Academic Collocations
- Topic Sentences
- Discuss Both Views
- Tutorial: To What Extent Essays
- Paraphrasing Introductions
- Essay Structures
- Essay Plans
- Describe a Pie Chart
- Using Percentages
- Map Vocabulary
- Describe Flow Charts
- Describe a Bar Chart
- How to get Band 9
- AT 1 Sample Questions 2022
- Describe a Graphic
- GT Task 1 Questions 2022
- IELTS Vocabulary
- Google Play / Podcasts
- Apple Podcast
- Android App
- Task 2 Sample Questions
- AT 1 Questions
Company addresses: HK Office: BW ENGLISH SERVICES HK Ltd, Unit 2512, 25/F, Langham Place Office Tower, 8 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong UK Office: BW ENGLISH SERVICES, 120 High Road, East Finchley, N29ED, London, England, United Kingdom +44 20 3951 8271 ($1/min).
IELTS Mentor "IELTS Preparation & Sample Answer"
- Skip to content
- Jump to main navigation and login
Nav view search
- IELTS Sample
IELTS Essay Topics with sample answer.
Ielts writing task 2 sample 357 - globalization affects the world's economies in a very positive way, ielts writing task 2/ ielts essay:, even though globalization affects the world's economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten..
- IELTS Bar Graph
- IELTS Line Graph
- IELTS Table Chart
- IELTS Flow Chart
- IELTS Pie Chart
- IELTS Letter Writing
- IELTS Essay
- Academic Reading
- IELTS Secrets
- Band Score Calculator
- Exam Specific Tips
- Useful Websites
- IELTS Preparation Tips
- Academic Reading Tips
- Academic Writing Tips
- GT Writing Tips
- Listening Tips
- Speaking Tips
- IELTS Grammar Review
- IELTS Vocabulary
- IELTS Cue Cards
- IELTS Life Skills
- Letter Types
- Copyright Notice
- HTML Sitemap
15 Sample Questions for IELTS Writing Task 2. Topic: Globalization .
Should countries adopt protectionist policies to safeguard their domestic industries, or embrace free trade for the potential economic benefits? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
To what extent do you agree or disagree that the spread of English as a global language is a positive development?
Do the benefits of multinational corporations outweigh the potential negative impacts on local economies?
To what extent do you agree or disagree that international aid is more beneficial than harmful for developing countries?
Should countries with high levels of immigration implement policies to promote cultural integration? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Do the advantages of an interconnected global economy outweigh the potential risks and disadvantages?
To what extent do you agree or disagree that the globalization of media has led to a decline in the quality of journalism?
Should governments prioritize environmental or economic concerns when negotiating international agreements? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Do the benefits of international travel for business and leisure outweigh the potential negative impacts on the environment?
To what extent do you agree or disagree that global governance institutions, such as the United Nations, are effective in addressing global issues?
Should countries be required to accept a certain number of refugees as part of their international obligations? Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Do the advantages of global communication networks, such as the internet, outweigh the potential disadvantages?
To what extent do you agree or disagree that international sporting events promote peace and understanding between nations?
Should countries prioritize self-sufficiency in food production or rely on international trade to meet their needs? Discuss both options and provide your opinion.
Do the benefits of international study programs and exchanges outweigh the potential drawbacks?
How to Distinguish a Real IELTS Question from a Fake One
To identify if it's a typical IELTS essay prompt, consider the following:
- The prompt will be related to a broad, general topic that is relevant and engaging for a wide range of test-takers.
- It will ask you to present an argument or discuss different aspects of a topic, rather than simply recalling facts or describing a situation.
- The prompt will require a formal writing style and be written in clear, concise language.
- It will not require specific, specialized knowledge or expertise in a particular field.
- C.A.M Listening
- Practice Test
- Useful Tips – Tricks
- Full Writing Review
- General Writing Task
- Writing Task 1
- Writing Task 2
- Writing Exercises
- Writing Sample – Topics
- Writing Vocabulary
- Speaking Vocabulary
- Intro Question
- Speaking Part 1
- Speaking Part 2
- Speaking Part 2 – Audio
- Speaking Part 3
- IELTS Books
- Recent Exams
- IELTS Vocabulary
- Essay from Examiners
- IELTS Ideas
IELTS Writing Task 2 Band 8.0: TOPIC: GLOBALIZATION
Some people think the increasing business and cultural contact between countries brings many positive effects. Others say it causes the loss of national identities.
Discuss both view and give your opinion.
SAMPLE ESSAY BAND 8+
The growing international trade activities and interactions among countries has boosted economic development and better cross-cultural understanding on a global scale. However, some people argue that such developments are the biggest culprit behind the degradation of cultural identity in many countries.
On the one hand, there is no question that many developing countries have experienced a surge in employment opportunities and unparalleled economic gains by virtue of globalization. While businesses can reap the benefits from drop in trade barriers such as reaching potential customers beyond national borders , competent employees would be able to work overseas in multinational corporates. Furthermore, globalization has also encouraged the tourism industry; thereby, promoting a better understanding of other cultures. Experiencing different ways of life, discovering new food and customs and visiting cultural sites will eventually help people gain their knowledge bank and respect for other cultures.
On the other hand, the general complaint about globalization is that it represents a deadly threat to the national culture . The constant stream of marketing campaigns by international firms has led to the dominance of certain eating habits and fashion trends, whereas the traditional lifestyles become less favorable amongst young generations. In addition, there is mounting evidence that a large number of minority languages are on the verge of extinction as people prefer to conduct businesses and communicate in widely used tongues like English or Chinese.
In conclusion, although globalization may result in a certain loss of cultural identities, there are still more benefits of increasing trade and cross-cultural activities among countries. From a broad perspective, international business should be regarded as a positive development and encouraged by all nations.
- writing task 2
Ielts writing task 2 – children live with their parents, ielts writing task 2 – child using smartphones, ielts writing task 2 – wasting food, ielts app - mobile.
Get ready for the IELTS exam with our IELTS prep apps. Over 1 million downloads
Popular Last 24h
Describe a ﬁlm that made you laugh, describe a person whom you met for the ﬁrst time and made you happy, in many countries，today there are many highly qualified graduates without employment., describe something difﬁcult you would like to succeed in doing, describe a prize you have won, ielts listening practice test 1, ielts speaking part 1 : flowers (question-answer).
- IELTS Test/Skills FAQs
- IELTS Scoring in Detail
- Forecast Speaking – 2023
- List IELTS Speaking Part 3
- List IELTS Speaking Part 1
- IELTS Writing 2023 – Actual Test
Join our community for IELTS preparation and share and download materials.
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Reading
- IELTS Writing
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS Writing Task 2
- IELTS Speaking
- IELTS Speaking Part 1
- IELTS Speaking Part 2
- IELTS Speaking Part 3
- IELTS Practice Tests
- IELTS Listening Practice Tests
- IELTS Reading Practice Tests
- IELTS Writing Practice Tests
- IELTS Speaking Practice Tests
- All Courses
- IELTS Online Classes
- OET Online Classes
- PTE Online Classes
- CELPIP Online Classes
- Free Live Classes
- Australia PR
- Germany Job Seeker Visa
- Austria Job Seeker Visa
- Sweden Job Seeker Visa
- Study Abroad
- Student Testimonials
- Our Trainers
- IELTS Webinar
- Immigration Webinar
Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages – IELTS Writing Task 2
Updated On Nov 03, 2023
Limited-Time Offer : Access a FREE 10-Day IELTS Study Plan!
- 126.96.36.199 Essay Type
- 188.8.131.52 Introduction
- 184.108.40.206 Body Paragraphs
- 220.127.116.11 Conclusion
- 2.1 Band 9 Sample Answer 1
- 2.2 Band 9 Vocabulary for Sample Essay 1
- 18.104.22.168 Essay Type
- 22.214.171.124 Introduction
- 126.96.36.199 Body Paragraphs
- 188.8.131.52 Conclusion
- 3.1 Band 9 Sample Answer 2
- 3.2 Band 9 Vocabulary for Sample Essay 1
- 4 More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
Advantage Disadvantage essays, like ‘Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages’, are an integral part of IELTS Writing Task 2. Fortunately, it is easy to identify due to the mention of the terms ‘advantages’, ‘disadvantages’, ‘benefits’, ‘drawbacks’ or other similar terms in the topic itself.
Usually, in this kind of essay, you have to note down the benefits and drawbacks of a particular aspect, like studying abroad, tourism, school systems, etc. As a result, the structure of the essay is comparatively easy to frame as all you need is four paragraphs – Introduction, Body Paragraph 1 (advantages), Body Paragraph 2 (disadvantages) and Conclusion.
We will have a look at an advantage and disadvantage essay – Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages- with Band 9 Sample Answers accompanied by vocabulary which will not only boost your IELTS preparation but also enhance your word bank.
Let’s have a look at the advantage and disadvantage essay – Globalization has both advantages and disadvantages.
Sample Answer 1
Here’s a detailed outline for the Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages – IELTS Writing Task 2:
Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Paraphrase the topic sentence.
- State what the following paragraphs will contain and mention your opinion.
- The advantages of globalization include more employment opportunities, availability of more products to choose from and cheaper products in general.
- The disadvantages of globalization include the decline in the quality of products due to outsourcing and the competition faced by local businesses.
Summarize the topic and emphasize the view in the end.
Band 9 Sample Answer 1
Band 9 vocabulary for sample essay 1.
Meaning: strongly influencing later developments. Eg: Einstein’s seminal work on physics was ground-breaking.
Meaning: bound together, closer Eg: This was a very close-knit family.
Meaning: escalating, multiplying Eg: Computerized databases are proliferating fast.
Meaning: sudden and striking Eg: The dramatic increase in crime was concerning.
Meaning: products, goods Eg: He bought all the merchandise in the shop.
Meaning: the amount added to the cost price of goods Eg: This lipstick has a markup of 200%.
Meaning: a tax imposed on imported goods Eg: The government has increased the tariff on exotic items.
Meaning: remarkable, significant Eg: He had made some notable changes to his attire.
Meaning: cause or give rise to Eg: Such actions will only engender the king’s downfall.
Meaning: native, local Eg: The indigenous people of the Amazon are mostly tribal.
Sample Answer 2
Check out the detailed outline for Sample Answer 2 of the Globalization has Both Advantages and Disadvantages – IELTS Writing Task 2:
- Globalization, which integrates the whole world into one body through the advances of technology, transportation and communication has both advantages and disadvantages.
- The advantages of globalization include economic and cultural growth, access to goods, technological advancement and increased job opportunities.
- The disadvantages of globalization include income inequalities, disruption of local culture, environmental concerns and social disruption.
Band 9 Sample Answer 2
Meaning: one side or aspect of something Eg: He understood the different facets of life after his family left him.
Meaning: to reduce in size Eg: The company downsized its employees during the recession.
Meaning: to make better or more tolerable Eg: Shane’s condition ameliorated when he got a job.
Meaning: something that gives someone or something an advantage over others Eg: With cutting-edge technology, we should protect our environment rather than destroy it.
Meaning: to encourage the development or growth of ideas or feelings Eg: They could feel the fostering friendship among the roommates.
Meaning: central and important Eg: The separation of his parents had a pivotal effect on his life.
Meaning: having great or lasting importance Eg: Giving birth to a baby girl was a momentous point in their lives.
Meaning: to make something that is already bad even worse Eg: This accident worsened the exacerbating condition of the Railways.
Meaning: to become uniform in structure or composition throughout Eg: We had a homogenizing community and included different types of workers.
Meaning: always wanting more of something; not able to be satisfied Eg: The child’s insatiable thirst for knowledge led him to win the prestigious scholarship at such a young age.
More Writing Task 2 Essay Topics
- Air Traffic is Increasingly Leading to More Noise
- Solar Energy is Becoming more and more popular
- Some People Believe Today That Everyone Has a Right to Access to the Internet and That Governments Should Provide This Access for Free
- The Increased World Demand For Oil and Gas Has Made it Necessary for Locating These Sources in Remote Areas
- The Best Way to Improve Health is to Exercise Daily
- IELTS Writing Masterclass Costly Mistakes | Avoid These Common Mistakes
Practice IELTS Writing Task 2 based on Essay types
Start Preparing for IELTS: Get Your 10-Day Study Plan Today!
Kasturika is a professional Content Writer with over three years of experience as an English language teacher. Her understanding of English language requirements, as set by foreign universities, is enriched by her interactions with students and educators. Her work is a fusion of extensive knowledge of SEO practices and up-to-date guidelines. This enables her to produce content that not only informs but also engages IELTS aspirants. Her passion for exploring new horizons has driven her to achieve new heights in her learning journey.
Explore other Advantage Disadvantage Essays
Post your Comments
Gurgaon city scape, gurgaon bptp.
Step 1 of 3
Great going .
Get a free session from trainer
Have you taken test before?
Please select any option
Get free eBook to excel in test
Please enter Email ID
Get support from an Band 9 trainer
Please enter phone number
Select a date
Please select a date
Select a time (IST Time Zone)
Please select a time
Mark Your Calendar: Free Session with Expert on
Which exam are you preparing?
IELTS Writing Task 2: Positive and Negative Impacts of Globalization on Economy.
What is your view? + Discuss.
lhtp 1 / 3 Aug 27, 2020 #2 In the conclusion I think you should write at least 2-3 sentences
- Writing Correction
- Online Prep Platform
- Online Course
- Speaking Assessment
- Ace The IELTS
- Target Band 7
- Practice Tests Downloads
- IELTS Success Formula
- Essays Band 9 IELTS Writing Task 2 samples – IELTS Band 9 essays
- Essays Band 8 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 8
- Essays Band 7 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 7
- Essays Band 6 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 6
- Essays Band 5 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS essays of Band 5
- Reports Band 9 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS reports of Band 9 (Academic Writing Task 1)
- Reports Band 8 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS reports of Band 8
- Reports Band 7 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS reports of Band 7
- Letters Band 9 IELTS Writing Task 1 – samples of IELTS letters of Band 9
- Letters Band 8 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS letters of Band 8
- Letters Band 7 IELTS Writing – samples of IELTS letters of Band 7
- Speaking Samples
- Tests Samples
- 2022, 2023 IELTS questions
- 2021 IELTS questions
- 2020 IELTS questions
- High Scorer’s Advice IELTS high achievers share their secrets
- IELTS Results Competition
- IELTS-Blog App
IELTS essay, topic: With the scale of globalisation today, it would be best to have a single world currency (agree/disagree)
- IELTS Essays - Band 9
This is a model response to a Writing Task 2 topic from High Scorer’s Choice IELTS Practice Tests book series (reprinted with permission). This answer is close to IELTS Band 9.
Set 4 General Training book, Practice Test 19
Writing Task 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:
With the scale of globalisation today, it would be of unquestioned benefit to have a single world currency.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
You should write at least 250 words.
Sample Band 9 Essay
Globalisation has become a significant aspect of the world’s modern economy, with countless industries and businesses expanding in various countries. This has led to the debate of developing a world currency with many people believing it could drastically help further develop economies and assist in the development of many countries.
A worldwide currency could bring on effects similar to when Euro was developed for Europe. Trade could be significantly encouraged, as there would be no exchange rate fluctuation risks between different currencies. Moreover, tourists would not need to exchange money when travelling.
However, there are certain risks to a global currency, which definitely do not make it an “unquestioned benefit”. Countries in debt would not be able to lower their currency value to make consumer goods more desirable, which could develop into a severe economic issue. For example, the US regulated its interest rates to increase the money resources in order to diminish the effect of a recent recession. Also economic problems, such as in Greece, have actually been made worse by the use of the common Euro. If applied worldwide, many countries’ economies could be very similarly negatively impacted. Finally, many countries around the world do not have a stable enough economy to be able to enter a common currency. If weaker countries were to adopt a world currency, this could be disastrous to their economy and to the economies of other countries using the same currency.
In conclusion, the extent to which a global currency would be beneficial is quite low. It seems to me that the risks outweigh the benefits, as if a country were to lose economic stability, the world would be impacted as well. For that reason, I feel that in present circumstances, it is best to have separate currencies to protect countries from economic recession.
Go here for more IELTS Band 9 Essays
- IELTS essay, topic: Ending the world’s reliance on fossil fuels will be a positive development (agree/disagree) This is a model response to a Writing Task 2...
- IELTS Band 9 essay, topic: The world today is a safer place and governments should stop spending large amounts of money on their armed forces (agree/disagree). This is a model response to a Writing Task 2...
- IELTS essay, topic: Individuals should be responsible for funding their own retirement (agree/disagree) This is a model response to a Writing Task 2...
2 thoughts on “IELTS essay, topic: With the scale of globalisation today, it would be best to have a single world currency (agree/disagree)”
Thanks for sharing this information.
Thanks for this great information sir, wish you all the bests
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
IELTS Writing Samples by topic
Globalization has both advantages and disadvantages. discuss both and give youe opinion , globalization has both advantages and disadvantages. discuss both and give your opinion., globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. discuss both and give your opinion, globalisation has advantages and disadvantages. discuss both views and give your own opinion., globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. discuss both and give your opinion, globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. discuss both and give your opinion. write at least 250 words., globalisation has both advantages and disadvantages. discuss both and give your opinion..
- Unlimited Essay Checks: Practice and perfect your skills.
- Detailed Error Analysis: Spot every mistake.
- In-Built Grammar Checker: Say no to grammatical errors.
- Personalized Suggestions: Know how to boost your score.
- Progress Tracking: View your checked essay history.
- Still thinking? We have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Take a leap of faith!