Grade 2 Writing Prompts
25 exciting second grade writing prompts.
Get your child feeling inspired with these awesome Grade 2 writing prompts!
Journal prompts, general prompts.
- If I could move anywhere in the world…
- The best TV show to watch is…
- I feel loved when my family…
- Everyday I like to…
- When my family goes out to dinner, we…
- How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- How to build a snowman
- How to brush your teeth
- How to make hot chocolate
- How to tie your shoes
- The first time I lost my tooth…
- My best friend is special because…
- My favorite subject in school is…
- I was really scared when…
- After I finished playing outside, I…
- What is the best superpower?
- I believe the best dessert to eat is…
- In my opinion, the best sport to play is…
- In my opinion, everyone should…
- What do you think it would be like to be in the Olympics?
- What is the best birthday present you have ever received?
- Write about a time when you and a friend had a problem.
- Write about a favorite birthday party you have had or went to.
- Write about when you learned how to do something new.
- Describe your favorite outdoor activity.
How Night Zookeeper can help
Night Zookeeper makes writing fantastically fun for children aged six to twelve!
Our language arts program for kids has been created to keep children engaged, focused, and entertained as they develop their skills. There are thousands of writing activities available on our program, including creative writing prompts, interactive writing lessons, and vocabulary games.
Sign up today and get a 7-day FREE trial!
More writing prompts & activities
- Grade 2 Picture Writing Prompts
- Grade 2 Writing Activities
- Elementary Writing Prompts
- Elementary Writing Activites
- Creative Writing Prompts for Kids
- Elementary Language Arts Curriculum
- Elementary Writing Curriculum
- Language Arts Resources